Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far we haven't really seen any pictures from anyone from the CON, nor has anyone talked about the "Door prizes" given at registration, nor anything major that has happened over the past couple days!

Where are all the updates for the people who aren't there?? The people that live vicariously through the ones there!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They must all be busy having fun playing games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. We will probably see a bunch of reviews, blogs, pictures, and videos in the next few weeks.

My favorite thing to do on BGG after CONS is hunting through the auctions lists!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in a day of technology and apps.. I can't imagine not one of the thousands of people there, not taking photos and logging onto here at some point to share the experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will probably roll some video later today and post to YouTube.

Door Prizes were a selection of 4 total games, one from each section, limited quantities on some selections. Section 1 was Queen with New York, Shogun: Tenno's Court, and Colonia, Section 2 included Train of Thought, For the Win, and Martian Dice, and others I cannot recall, Section 3 included Zombie State, Epige, and others, and section 4 included Roma, Little Devils, 1955, and some others. All was regular shrinked retail product, no hidden grails or gems.

The con space is huge -- I think the main ballroom has tables and spaces for 1200-1500 people. The Escape experience put on by Queen was a blast with 6-7 tables of Escape going on simultaneously. Ryan's crokinole boards and Battling Tops poster looks fantastic -- seriously, lots of people say they want to buy the Battling Tops poster for their own home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maia McGrath
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
We were only able to be there for opening day but a scant few of the door prizes from my recollection are
1955: The War of Espionage
Colonia
Martian Dice
Aton
Shogun: Tenno's Court

Everyone should have gotten 4 prizes and there were several options for each set of prizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I have a ticket to BGG and haven't yet been able to get there, do the door prizes still exist if I come tomorrow morning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the main ballroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
So if I have a ticket to BGG and haven't yet been able to get there, do the door prizes still exist if I come tomorrow morning?

Yes, but some of the games listed above have gone already. No more Shogun expansions and I didn't see any Colonia or Aton (which is a shame as I would have liked to get Aton). This despite being told at registration that the games you received would be the same whatever time you collected them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maia_ann wrote:
We were only able to be there for opening day but a scant few of the door prizes from my recollection are
1955: The War of Espionage
Colonia
Martian Dice
Aton
Shogun: Tenno's Court

Everyone should have gotten 4 prizes and there were several options for each set of prizes.

Some of the other options are:

Crazy Creatures of Dr. Doom
New York
Puzzle Strike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
So far we haven't really seen any pictures from anyone from the CON, nor has anyone talked about the "Door prizes" given at registration, nor anything major that has happened over the past couple days!

Where are all the updates for the people who aren't there?? The people that live vicariously through the ones there!?!?

Follow hashtag #bggcon on twitter and there are a couple of frequent updaters. Apparently though there is no wifi in the ballrooms and the cell phone reception isn't all that great, so yeah, people are busy playing games instead of updating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fehr
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Hi there! Follow my gaming exploits on Twitter (fehrmeister)
mbmbmbmbmb
Debbie Oh is doing another great job of posting tweets and photos from the convention this year.
Debbie Ohi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
YAY, a chance to play games during the DAY!! (I am cursed with morning person genes)
badge
I tweet about board gaming at @BGGgirl, about writing/illustrating at @inkyelbows.
mbmbmbmbmb

A recent tweet points people to her first couple of sets of photos:
"Gradually uploading to my #bggcon Flickr photo sets this week: Part 1 http://bit.ly/S0Lm6Z & Part 2 http://bit.ly/SQpcDt"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't Tweet.. I refuse to get into Twitter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:

Having had the honour to lose in mortal competition to Bagface last year I need to see pictures of him in action this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battling Tops tournament ended with an emotional and heartfelt retirement speech by Captain Awesome, after advancing to the finals for the third year in a row only to fail to capture the championship again.

An amazing leader for the A-Nation, and his enthusiasm for the sport and prowess in the ring will never be forgotten. Hopefully someone can step up and fill his boots next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:

In a day of technology and apps?

You refuse even to look at someone's twitter feed (regardless of whether or not you yourself tweet)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

You refuse even to look at someone's twitter feed (regardless of whether or not you yourself tweet)?

And the links aren't even to a twitter feed, they are to her Flickr account for the photos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
russ wrote:
Djcheddar wrote:

And the links aren't even to a twitter feed, they are to her Flickr account for the photos.

True, though I found a link to her twitter feed trivially easily looking at her profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flea Market this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh...

So irritated that I haven't found any free time to get out to the con....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
WrongWrongWrong wrote:
Here is the main ballroom.
Hey, that's me playing RftG in that picture!
Seriously though, the main gaming place is huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: So far...
Actually Unless you have AT&T the only internet is either in your sleeping room (4g on cellphone) or the hotel's really expensive wireless which doesn't work well on the con floor.

That and the lack of gluten-free food options for cheap are pretty much the only things for me to complain about... everything else has been pretty good or great. Except I keep losing.

JAz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple other door prizes that weren't mentioned: JAB: Realtime Boxing and Forceball

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also For The Win,Roma, Epigo, and Little Devils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Actually Unless you have AT&T the only internet is either in your sleeping room (4g on cellphone)

My Verizon 3G cell connection worked just fine throughout the con and gaming space except for being a little slow on Friday and Saturday evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.