Subject: Buying from the website. BEWARE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simmy Peerutin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I should warn people that if they place an order for the game via the Krok Nik Douil website they may not get a response for some time, if at all. I placed an order and paid via Paypal on 28 October but have heard absolutely nothing, nada, silence since then. I have tried the site email, geekmail and even tried calling the numbers on the website. I can wait for the game but I do want a simple acknowledgement of receipt of the order. Its been 3 weeks...I have had to open a claim with Paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SimmyP wrote:
I thought I should warn people that if they place an order for the game via the Krok Nik Douil website they may not get a response for some time, if at all. I placed an order and paid via Paypal on 28 October but have heard absolutely nothing, nada, silence since then. I have tried the site email, geekmail and even tried calling the numbers on the website. I can wait for the game but I do want a simple acknowledgement of receipt of the order. Its been 3 weeks...I have had to open a claim with Paypal.

This is widely know for those who have dealt with the company. the best thing to do if you enter into business is to do exactly what you did: get your money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor M. Gonzalez Miguel
Spain
Sant Cugat del Valles
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True. I bought The Rising Waters + The Governor Vanuatu expansions two months ago and got nothing, they didn't even answer my E-mails inquiring about my order. Luckily, I got a refund from Paypal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephane Martin sanchez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm waiting for Vanuatu + The rising water for ten months now.

The Guy at the Head of Kroknikdouil (Alain Epron) has it's own apreciation of time...

And Yes, you got it, he won't inform you, and he hardly respond to your mails in return. One answer out of five mails actually.

I'm not as lucky as you are, since 10 months have passed now so I got the refund in the _ss.

Won't be a next time for Kroknikdouil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
minedeplomb wrote:
I'm waiting for Vanuatu + The rising water for ten months now.

The Guy at the Head of Kroknikdouil (Alain Epron) has it's own apreciation of time...

And Yes, you got it, he won't inform you, and he hardly respond to your mails in return. One answer out of five mails actually.

I'm not as lucky as you are, since 10 months have passed now so I got the refund in the _ss.

Won't be a next time for Kroknikdouil.

So you're out of pocket?? WTF?! Name and shame these people publicly (more so than hidden in this thread. Sounds like its not far off stealing. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update Alain put on Indiegogo was
Quote:
I will send all the game now and I will send you the extension and the goodies (and Massilia) after when they will be produced. All contributor will receive all he must receive. There are no problem for this, just time.

Unfortunately it seems that the 'send all the game now' didn't happen. Or his definition of "now" is different than mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or as has been mentioned in another epic thread, his wife is seriously ill/may have died.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
Or as has been mentioned in another epic thread, his wife is seriously ill/may have died.

Yes, I did see that. Although it seemed to me that he was having this done for him, so wondered where that fell apart. Not that it matters at this point - no game is no game, regardless of why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it matters to me a great deal. YMMV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël Simard
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing here. I preorder Rising Waters (Vanuatu Expansion) a year ago and I never received the game. I wrote several time to krok Nik Douil and A.Epron and I have never received an answer nor a refund. There is a lot of people that pay for Vanuatu, Rising Waters and Massilia without having receive their games and this is unacceptable...

You can read more at

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/864358/so-who-still-hasnt-go...

or in french at

http://gusandco.net/2013/02/25/krok-nik-douil-mais-ouate-de-...

My advise is to never buy something from this guy again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.