Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can Dwarves/Fakirs special ability be used more than once in same action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Dwarves & Fakir special ability allows them to skip one river/terrain hex when terraforming & building a dwelling at the cost of 2 workers (Dwarves) or, if I remember right, a Priest (Fakirs).

Can I, for example, choose to skip two river/terrain hexes for 4 workers or 2 Priests? And gain double the bonus points as well?

Effectively, is the special ability only limited to a single 'dosage'?

If it's allowed to skip more than one space, are those buildings also considered indirectly adjacent for the final scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert, but I'm going with only one use per build action.

The rules state that you can skip one space by paying the cost. Not one space per cost paid. Just like, for example, the Engineers can build one bridge as an action, not one bridge per cost paid.

Also, like you mentioned, the rules would certainly address if multiple tunnelings/carpet-flyings were possible in light of whether the end game adjacency scoring would take it into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
No you can't use these actions twice in one build action.

PS: If you want to jump over two fields with the fakirs you have to build the stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lindvall
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't. These abilities replace the shipping concept, and you can't upgrade your distance with these abilities by default, nor by paying twice.

The Fakirs can double their range by getting their Stronghold, which does affect connection range for end-game scoring. The dwarves cannot extend their tunneling range by any means.

The +1 shipping value bonus card also has no effect on these abilities.

Essentially you trade the ability to go long distances on the river by being able to skip over any terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.