Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » General

Subject: What are you looking for in future expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Malkowski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see:

1) Additional Vile Organizations like the NKVD (Soviet Secret Police), Yakuza, Illumanati (i.e. Order of the Crimson Hand).

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!

3) A few additional Heroes

4) More Gear and Common Items

5) More City Cards

6) Rules that add capabilities to the Vile Organizations as they acquire Artifacts

These are just a few ideas off the top that I would enjoy seeing...I'd enjoy reading what others want to see...

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
keithm wrote:
I would like to see:

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!



Honestly, the only one I think the game absolutely NEEDS is this. The danger card deck is just too small and repetitive out of the box, especially as the number of players increases.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Disney owns Indiana Jones( a greatly overlooked franchise in the recent buy out of Lucasfilm) they should license an official Indiana Jones Expansion for this game.

I would also like to see more player interaction. More ways to directly foil other players plans. And maybe a way to play the evil side.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Now that Disney owns Indiana Jones( a greatly overlooked franchise in the recent buy out of Lucasfilm) they should license an official Indiana Jones Expansion for this game.


Or someone could create an "unofficial" one. ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New and Improved
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As you guide your cursor over the blue avatar a strange feeling of dread comes over you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
keithm wrote:
I would like to see:

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!



Honestly, the only one I think the game absolutely NEEDS is this. The danger card deck is just too small and repetitive out of the box, especially as the number of players increases.


More Danger Cards ! Tons More ! The only thing I felt the game was lacking in.

A couple more heroes wouldn't hurt, just for fun.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Now that Disney owns Indiana Jones( a greatly overlooked franchise in the recent buy out of Lucasfilm) they should license an official Indiana Jones Expansion for this game.


Or someone could create an "unofficial" one. ninja

That may work for some but personally with a game like one from FFP/FFG(my two favorite companies) the unofficial ones never look as good and that always irritates me for some reason. haha.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
keithm wrote:
I would like to see:

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!



Honestly, the only one I think the game absolutely NEEDS is this. The danger card deck is just too small and repetitive out of the box, especially as the number of players increases.

This! X 1000

I really like FANG, I bought a copy immediately after it debuted at GenCon. My biggest gripe is the danger/encounter deck. Sneak aboard a nazi submarine? Awesome! Then evade goons in a night club? Huh?

I understand each card is meant to represent one small leg of a much larger adventure to capture the loot, but an ice cave encounter while your miniature sits in a desert space totally breaks continuity and often makes gameplay skip a beat while new playrs go "WTF?!"

The entire list from the OP is a good one, but themed are venture decks are a must!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Less fiddly rules?

Seriously, I have tried to love this game. I've really tried. I've given this game more chances than I have with many other games. The rules just kill the experience for our group, as we have to deal with all of the situational rules changes. Do this, unless you're in a jungle, then do this, then do this, unless it's a temple, then do this, unless there's a major villain there...

Every time we play, I can feel the frustration growing on all of our parts as I have to explain the rules one more time to people. Maybe it's just us.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't help that the rulebook layout was complete garbage. Thankfully a completely redesigned rulebook (same content just rearranged for clarity) was uploaded to the BGG files section.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hentzau wrote:
Less fiddly rules?

Seriously, I have tried to love this game. I've really tried. I've given this game more chances than I have with many other games. The rules just kill the experience for our group, as we have to deal with all of the situational rules changes. Do this, unless you're in a jungle, then do this, then do this, unless it's a temple, then do this, unless there's a major villain there...

Every time we play, I can feel the frustration growing on all of our parts as I have to explain the rules one more time to people. Maybe it's just us.


I really have to agree. I'm a big fan of AToE and LNOE, but this has just fallen flat. By far my biggest regret in gaming purchases. When I pull the game out it looks like it has so much potential to be a great adventure game but the rules don't provide that experience at all for me. I've considered just using the components and reworking a new rule-set altogether...just not really sure if the demand is out there for getting rid of this one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the general consensus of more variety of cards. I'd also love a 30-40 scifi theme too, Flash Gordon-esque, Rocketmen, Sky Captain and similar pulp themes.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
I agree with the general consensus of more variety of cards. I'd also love a 30-40 scifi theme too, Flash Gordon-esque, Rocketmen, Sky Captain and similar pulp themes.


Sadly, I can only give this one thumb.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MORE heroes! More Danger cards! More items! More villains! But especially more heroes! I like having lots to choose from.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renae Radford
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would love all of these things that Keith listed above! I LOVE F&G and it absolutely needs an expansion pack(s). It hasn't been supported like the other Flying Frog games in terms of expansions and I would love if they would.

-I especially agree that it needs more danger cards and additional heroes.

-All other card decks should be supplemented too (city, artifacts, events, common items).

-Additional advanced villain organizations within the time period and theme would be wonderful.

-We also find that in competitive play we would like the option to "steal" an artifact from another player or fight another player to get the artifact they are carrying, that way it makes it a little more difficult for others to get to a city to sell an artifact. There aren't many ways to foil/fight another player that I know of in the game. (competitive mode)

-A more clearly written/organized rule book would definitely help, but as long as you play it with others that know the rules well or play it through a few times the rules and gameplay aren't that difficult and it's a blast to play!!

Expansion please!!
6 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
keithm wrote:
I would like to see:

1) Additional Vile Organizations like the NKVD (Soviet Secret Police), Yakuza, Illumanati (i.e. Order of the Crimson Hand).

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!

3) A few additional Heroes

4) More Gear and Common Items

5) More City Cards

6) Rules that add capabilities to the Vile Organizations as they acquire Artifacts

These are just a few ideas off the top that I would enjoy seeing...I'd enjoy reading what others want to see...



This is a great list. I would love to see all of these.

horfrost3 wrote:
MORE heroes! More Danger cards! More items! More villains! But especially more heroes! I like having lots to choose from.


I don't know if this guy will be a hero or ally, but he'll be from an expansion:



razor_rad10 wrote:
I too would love all of these things that Keith listed above! I LOVE F&G and it absolutely needs an expansion pack(s). It hasn't been supported like the other Flying Frog games in terms of expansions and I would love if they would.


Don't worry, the designer has stated here that there is more content being worked on.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
razor_rad10 wrote:
-We also find that in competitive play we would like the option to "steal" an artifact from another player or fight another player to get the artifact they are carrying, that way it makes it a little more difficult for others to get to a city to sell an artifact. There aren't many ways to foil/fight another player that I know of in the game. (competitive mode)


OH YEAH!!! That would be awesome!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already stated what I want to see in an expansion - see my 'more Fortune, More Glory' project thread for details.

Of course Danger cards are top of the list, along with some more Heroes to go Adventuring with and another Vile Organization or 3 to go up against.

But I'd also like to see 'lost world' adventures with dinsoaurs, apemen and lost plateaus etc.

I think they may well feature...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematic Danger cards packs.
I would love to see more Danger Cards but dedicated to some themes, and building specific Danger decks.

More Villains, maybe some Zombies and...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In case some of you missed it...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/773075/ninjadorgs-new-danger...

ninja
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Simonov
Russia
Saint-Petersburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vile Organizations CIA will be nice too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
Thematic Danger cards packs.
I would love to see more Danger Cards but dedicated to some themes, and building specific Danger decks.

More Villains, maybe some Zombies and...



Is that a real Centauri Ambassador?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdColdFire wrote:
Vile Organizations CIA will be nice too.


Formed September 18, 1947 so a bit early for this themed game, FBI is 1908 so they could be used whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
I've already stated what I want to see in an expansion - see my 'more Fortune, More Glory' project thread for details.

Of course Danger cards are top of the list, along with some more Heroes to go Adventuring with and another Vile Organization or 3 to go up against.

But I'd also like to see 'lost world' adventures with dinsoaurs, apemen and lost plateaus etc.

I think they may well feature...


Dinosaurs and Spaceships, hmmm, that would never work. Who would ever think to merge those themes! whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
ColdColdFire wrote:
Vile Organizations CIA will be nice too.


Formed September 18, 1947 so a bit early for this themed game, FBI is 1908 so they could be used whistle

MI6 could be used as well..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
Marlowespade wrote:
keithm wrote:
I would like to see:

2) Additional danger cards - better yet terrain-specific danger decks!



Honestly, the only one I think the game absolutely NEEDS is this. The danger card deck is just too small and repetitive out of the box, especially as the number of players increases.


More Danger Cards ! Tons More ! The only thing I felt the game was lacking in.

A couple more heroes wouldn't hurt, just for fun.


I hope someone is listening. I will add that I would rather have just a mini expansion of ten dollars or less and just have added dangers than a large expansion with more stuff. The game doesn't need more stuff.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.