Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(Sorry about all the Fortress questions; it's been on my mind lately).

If I have a Steward and a Fortress in my hand and I choose to trash two cards from my hand, can I trash a Fortress then return it to my hand then trash it as my second card for Steward, or do I have to choose both cards before the actual Trashing begins?

My money is on the latter, but I could see it being the former as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It is the latter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on the card is "trash 2 cards from your hand", so you have to pick two and trash them both. Compare to Remake, which says "Do this twice: trash a card from your hand..." -- so you could Remake a Fortress twice, but you couldn't make it both cards trashed with Steward.

(Why would you want to do that anyway? If you don't want to trash anything, surely you'd rather get two cards or $2 from playing Steward?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading Post is a better example of a case where you might want to do that. But you still can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buggy wrote:
(Sorry about all the Fortress questions; it's been on my mind lately).

If I have a Steward and a Fortress in my hand and I choose to trash two cards from my hand, can I trash a Fortress then return it to my hand then trash it as my second card for Steward, or do I have to choose both cards before the actual Trashing begins?

My money is on the latter, but I could see it being the former as well.

This is covered in the Dark Ages rule book.

Dark Ages Additional Rules wrote:
When two or more cards are trashed at the same time, as with Count, first trash them all, then pick an order to resolve things that happen due to trashing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:

This is covered in the Dark Ages rule book.

Dark Ages Additional Rules wrote:
When two or more cards are trashed at the same time, as with Count, first trash them all, then pick an order to resolve things that happen due to trashing them.

Ah, I checked the rule book under Fortress, but didn't search anywhere else.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Volk
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is nearly identical to the age-old Cellar question: Can I discard then draw then discard then draw? No, you choose your targets and then execute - once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.