Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Icecarver + Parasite vs Tollbooth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cj Mitchell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a parasitic tollbooth is debuffed to 1 strength and the runner encounters it when s/he has ice carver in play, at what point does it die? Will tollbooths passive still happen first or can the runner bury it before it happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
RlyehExiled wrote:
If a parasitic tollbooth is debuffed to 1 strength and the runner encounters it when s/he has ice carver in play, at what point does it die? Will tollbooths passive still happen first or can the runner bury it before it happens?

I believe the runner buries it first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read the FAQ? If not, go read that, lots of good things in there, including the answer to this.

Runner effects trigger first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
The Runner buries it.

The why is a bit more complicated than you might think.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/859263/timing-questions-...

You resolve in order, alternating between active player and other player:
1. Constant abilities
2. Triggered abilities
3. Paid abilities

So Ice Carver (constant ability) would trigger Parasite's trashing of Tollbooth before you had to deal with the toll (triggered ability), but Datasucker (paid ability) wouldn't allow you to trash Tollbooth until *after* you paid the 3 credits to keep running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cj Mitchell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought, just the rules always say you order triggers with the same condition as you want, where as this has 2 separate trigger conditions. *shrug* over thinking it I guess.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RlyehExiled wrote:
just the rules always say you order triggers with the same condition as you want, where as this has 2 separate trigger conditions.

The only time where this is the case is if a single player has multiple cards trigerring with the same condtion. The example given is trashing Wyldeside to Asesop, where the runner can choose either to draw 2 cards and have 3 actions, or not draw and have 4 actions.

ffaristocrat nails it here though, and also points out the important distinction with the way Datasucker would interact in such a case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.