Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I have logged a few plays right now and i am wondering how often you guys burn your fellow spy as a plan to gain trust with the resistance? I have done it every time i have been a spy and we have won every game in which i do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
hoganbball23 wrote:
Hey all. I have logged a few plays right now and i am wondering how often you guys burn your fellow spy as a plan to gain trust with the resistance? I have done it every time i have been a spy and we have won every game in which i do this!

They'll figure it out eventually. Just as they do, start burning Rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Often, but less than half the time. It depends on the situation. Sometimes I intentionally do something obvious to draw attention away from my fellow spies, rather than framing them. And other times I try to act like a typical rebel, mustering all my deductive powers to determine who the spies are, like I would if I was a rebel (while secretly knowing who they are).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Often, but less than half the time. It depends on the situation. Sometimes I intentionally do something obvious to draw attention away from my fellow spies, rather than framing them. And other times I try to act like a typical rebel, mustering all my deductive powers to determine who the spies are, like I would if I was a rebel (while secretly knowing who they are).

If somebody does something stupid or shady, I call them out on it whether or not they are my teammate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

If somebody does something stupid or shady, I call them out on it whether or not they are my teammate.

Same here.

Later, when people think I'm a spy(they figure it out) they then believe that that person is not a spy. Or maybe is a spy. Why did Jay call them out? We don't know! Gah! WIFOM!

And I keep saying, "I'm not a spy, I called them out because they ARE a spy! Look how shady they are!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

Same here.

Later, when people think I'm a spy(they figure it out) they then believe that that person is not a spy. Or maybe is a spy. Why did Jay call them out? We don't know! Gah! WIFOM!

And I keep saying, "I'm not a spy, I called them out because they ARE a spy! Look how shady they are!"

In general, attacking somebody without reason means you are the spy, or at least look like one.

Sometimes people do this just to get information, so it doesn't definitely = spy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything, I see more unfounded attacks from Resistance because Resistance can be wrong. This is a tell most people get backwards though.

In plot card situations, I will probably correctly out another spy at least 75% of the time, more in certain endgame situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a good day, I know what we're trying to sell the Resistance and whether or not blowing one of my allies' cover is necessary in order to keep the genuine Resistance members from being able to prove our version doesn't fit the facts.

On a bad day, I can't keep track of who the other spies are (last time I played, playing Avalon, I was the Assassin and assassinated one of the other bad guys) let alone who it's safe to cover for, and who needs to be thrown to the wolves - in that situation, I tell the truth as often as not...

Generally, aside from sowing misinformation and doubt when I'm on top of things, the only time I act differently based on which side I'm on is when I'm on the mission and deciding whether or not to sabotage it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.