Popular Tags: [View All]
Raimund Bubelis
Canada
Welland
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently nigiri can be dipped (placing a nigiri card on top of wasabi card) and scoring up to triple the nigiri card points.

I wish to suggest the addition of a Pickled Ginger garnish whereby a Pickled Ginger is placed on top (garnishing) of a nigiri card and scoring up to triple the nigiri card points.

Edit: syntax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea Raimund!
Were you thinking that a nigiri card could be both dipped in wasabi AND have pickled ginger added? Man I am getting hungry just thinking about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Bubelis
Canada
Welland
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Phil,

There a few ways one could score the garnishes and dips. A simple approach would be to allow only one garnish or dip to be added to a nigiri.

Wasabi under nagiri (dip)
Pickled Ginger on top of nigiri (garnish)
Soy Sauce either on top or under a nigiri (dip or garnish)

In these cases the score of the nigiri would be tripled (x3)

A more complex scoring would allow certain dips and garnishes to be added to a nigiri.

Wasabi under nigiri (dip) and Soy Sauce on top (garnish)
Pickled Ginger on top of nigiri (garnish) and Soy Sauce on bottom (dip)

In these cases the score of the nigiri could be multiplied by five or six.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Relatively few cards are going to be out each round. I'd expect the problem with any sort of complex combination is that it would be extremely rare, and then game-breakingly high-scoring.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Bubelis
Canada
Welland
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not including the complex combinations may avoid large single scores, but I would still suggest adding the following combinations which would triple the score of the nigiri:

Wasabi under nagiri (dip)
Pickled Ginger on top of nigiri (garnish)
Soy Sauce either on top or under a nigiri (dip or garnish)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Friis
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Though I like the idea, I think that Pickled Ginger should probably only double the point value. What's interesting about the Wasabi is that you're not actually guaranteed that another Nigiri will come your way and the Wasabi card might be wasted. If you can simply place the Pickled Ginger on top of an existing Nigiri, the risk is much smaller and, in my opinion, so should the reward be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G T

Lurago Marinone
Como
msg tools
SOY SAUCE ON NIGIRI X2
(variant)
remove three wasabi, and replace with three soy sauce

Only one card can be put sauce on each card nigiri. You can not put a card sauce over a nigiri, if they already have a card under wasabi . the player can have more than one card sauce in front of him.

GARI: If a player has a card sashimi in front of him, the paper gari must
be placed next to the paper sashimi. That is, the gari accompanies sashimi, as an appetizer. For each gari accumulated in a row of cards sashimi, earnings
points (1 3 6)

Only one card gari can be placed next to a card sashimi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about adding ginger, and the idea put forward doesn't make a lot of sense thematically. Ginger is used as a palette cleanser, so perhaps incorporate it into the game whereby it takes effect at the end of each round somehow.

e.g. it's a cross between sashimi and pudding in that you need to collect 3 to score, but you must collect 1 per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of Pickled Ginger, but I like it more of "Get X Points" if you play it as your last card. Because Pickled Ginger is generally eaten after a meal to cleanse the palate.

Also, with Wasabi AND Pickled Ginger giving you extra points for Nigiri, it would be insane!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you could substitute Gari for a missing Tempura or Sashimi card? It would allow you to score 1 tempura + 1 gari for 3 points, and 2 sashimi + 1 gari for 5 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.