Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If this is plainly spelled out in the rules, I keep missing it.

I realize that the die assigned to the throttle tech still adds to movement but since that is a movement based technology, I'm not sure that I can assume the same for the weirder ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Foy
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, I a fairly certain that all dice rolled apply to movement regardless of being assigned to tech, throttle or nav.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kakupacal wrote:
If this is plainly spelled out in the rules, I keep missing it.

I realize that the die assigned to the throttle tech still adds to movement but since that is a movement based technology, I'm not sure that I can assume the same for the weirder ones.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard Rules, Pg. 10, "Assigning Dice"

A speed die always contributes its result to a player's movement value, even while assigned to an ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it still counts as movement, but everyone that first learns that rule (including me) felt it was really counter-intuative at first. You just "assume" if you use it to power one of your ships systems, you can't also use it for movement too, but you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Sorenson
United States
Springfield
VT: VERMONT
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.