Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Swanson
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
From my first read of the rulebook, it says that when the Runner accesses cards in HQ or R&D, if it is an agenda they can steal it or pay the card's trash cost to send it to archives. Since ICE doesn't have a trash cost (that I have noticed) does that mean that nothing happens if the Runner access a piece of ICE in HQ or R&D?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aswanson wrote:
From my first read of the rulebook, it says that when the Runner accesses cards in HQ or R&D, if it is an agenda they can steal it or pay the card's trash cost to send it to archives. Since ICE doesn't have a trash cost (that I have noticed) does that mean that nothing happens if the Runner access a piece of ICE in HQ or R&D?
Yes. The card is returned to wherever it was taken (the top of R&D, or HQ). However, the Runner at least now knows one of the cards that is (in the case of HQ) or will be (in the case of R&D) in the Corp's hand. And in a game like Netrunner where information is key, that's not exactly "nothing." (But no, nothing pertaining to the mechanics of the game has happened.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
aswanson wrote:

Correct. Assuming it is not a demolition run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.