Subject: Maybe an idiotic question but... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Torres
Spain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all! I have talisman (spanish version) and I have what I think is an idiotic doubt but...here it goes. There are characters that have special properties that can use "when they attack, not being attacked". I understand that when attacking other characters that means "on my turn". But when you encounter creatures on spaces, who is attacking? The creature or the character? I am thinking specifically of the assassin that can assasinate creatures and characters...

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that those special properties you speak of are, unless otherwise stated, only valid for other characters (players).

AFAIK, you're not "attacking" creatures, you're "encountering" them. But if pushed, I'd say that when you draw the card with a monster on, you are attacked. If you go to a space with a monster already on, you attack.

But as said, I think most of those special powers that say "when attacking, not when attacked" only refer to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As for the Assassin in the 4th edition, he can assassinate anyone and anything but characters that are landing on him and attacking him.
This is the raw assassins, though some groups prefer the oldschool assassin (as in the 2nd edition) that could indeed only assassinate creatures when landing on them while they are already faceup (which also makes more sense in my opinion, but as far as I remember, the game designers of the 4th edition thought the assassin would be too weak then compared to the other character of whom some got light improvements in the 4th edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.