Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it make sense to add a rule where "if the bid reaches the start bid + shipping, shipping will be free"?

I'm not sure if this hurts the early bidders, or if it encourages people to bid up to the start+shipping price faster. Does it hurt me as a seller? This seems like a fine idea in my head, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Why not just make the starting bid = game $ + Shipping $.

Then just say that shipping is included. This may scare bidders away though because the price will be slightly inflated due to shipping. I always just have the buyer pay the shipping.

The buyer in all honesty is expecting to pay shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cepeda
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Why not just make the starting bid = game $ + Shipping $.

Then just say that shipping is included. This may scare bidders away though because the price will be slightly inflated due to shipping. I always just have the buyer pay the shipping.

The buyer in all honesty is expecting to pay shipping.

This makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some auctions where the BIN bid includes free shipping, which seems to work pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Aleknevicus
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Separating the cost of shipping from the item price makes everything considerably easier when the shipping charges are significantly different for different bidders (i.e., people outside of the US).

When auctioning items, you really want to attract as many bidders as possible (the addition of even a single bidder can substantially raise the amount for which your item sells). Restricting your sales to US residents only will impact your bottom line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.