Subject: Farc zones in gvt-controlled depts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herve Duval
France
Bavay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first solo play, I came across a situation where the dept with the most Farc pieces was a gvt-controlled, active support dept containing an army base.
It felt a bit strange that the gvt could decide to create there a farc zone.

Am I intepreting the current rule correctly? And if I am, would it make sense to amend 6.4.4 to "farc-controlled dept with the most piece"? Or did Pastrana ever create farc zones in gvt-controlled areas?

Thanks,
Hervé
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You interpreted the rule correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pastrana created one, Switzerland-sized demilitarized zone for FARC, roughly much of Meta West plus some of Caqueta to the south. Regardless of their sympathies, the Zone relegated the people of that region to FARC's rule for those years.

In your case, FARC earned selection of that area as its zone by its presence their. If the Govt had all those forces present and popular support, then shame on it for allowing FARC forces to survive there! Support should have prevented any Rallying there by FARC, leaving its forces vulnerable to Govt Sweep and Assault, if the effort is made.

Interesting situation!

vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.