Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the options shown for storage are US based products only, any Brits out there have any suggestions? (After something easy like a Plano, yeah I know you can get planos over here but they are overpriced).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one of the 'really useful boxes' slim size and I just keep the ships in their plastic inserts. Works a treat for storage and transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emmatig wrote:
I have one of the 'really useful boxes' slim size and I just keep the ships in their plastic inserts. Works a treat for storage and transport.

Ooh not seen them before thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Prasuhn
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't really cheap, but it is awesome and it's in the UK.

http://uk.battlefoam.com/star-wars-game-foam-kit/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the Brits have some outdoors or sporting type stores. I know you're a pasty pale lot, but I'm sure you see some outdoor activities form time to time right?
Anyways, Plano is a higher than average quality name brand product. If you hit up a fishing, sporting, outdoor store you can most likely find a plano competitor that has nearly the same products for a reduced price.

I use tackle boxes for all sorts of storage solutions (board games, miniature games, kid toys, wife's hobbies, etc...), but over half of that stuff is non-plano that I was able to get for half the price of the Plano stuff. The plastic may be a bit thinner, or the box latches may be a little harder to open/close, but it's basically the same stuff and serves the same purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go to any hardware store, £1 shop, B&Q, Staples - pretty much anywhere really and pick up a suitable compartment box, or just use the blisters that the ships come in and store in the box they come in. KR cases now do dedicated X-wing foams and cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
Just go to any hardware store, £1 shop, B&Q, Staples - pretty much anywhere really and pick up a suitable compartment box, or just use the blisters that the ships come in and store in the box they come in. KR cases now do dedicated X-wing foams and cases.

http://www.krmulticase.com/buyarmystorage.aspx?system=STAR&a...

Pricey but nice. I like the fact that the 20 miniature insert is the miniatures on a stand so you can pull them straight out without the need for assembly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmanweiss wrote:
I assume the Brits have some outdoors or sporting type stores. I know you're a pasty pale lot

Yes we haven't perfected the dried out, old leather, plastic filled look you Americans have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best place to go look is a craft store like Hobbycraft I got a storage box for £18 big enough to hold everything I have and room for extra stuff when it comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tyranid wrote:
The best place to go look is a craft store like Hobbycraft I got a storage box for £18 big enough to hold everything I have and room for extra stuff when it comes out.

Thanks to everyone for the info.
I was after something with compartments did you get one from hobby craft with compartments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Simmons
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Can you get a Plano 5231 over there, like on Amazon? I purchased mine locally for $9.99 in the states but our Amazon had it listed for $12.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sammo21 wrote:
Can you get a Plano 5231 over there, like on Amazon? I purchased mine locally for $9.99 in the states but our Amazon had it listed for $12.99.

http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.aspx?isbn=002409905231...

£33 here or about $50 so completely silly price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.