Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So why would I not hear about National Boardgaming Week until Friday afternoon???

Unless, of course, no-one else knew about it.

Walked into local coffee shop to see the above calendar item on their communal blackboard. Patrons had responded to the question "what's your favorite game?" with a host of answers - mainly of the ilk ofMonopoly, The Game of Life,Scrabble,Candy Land (a bit young to be drinking coffee?) and on downward. OK, Chess was to be expected, but Checkers? Two brave (?) souls had chalked in the bottom corners of the board Catan and Power Grid.

I strode to the board and entered The Burning Blue above all the others, then, braving curious stares from around the shop, sat and drank a coffee somewhat chilled by the reaction from the clientele.

Well, at least National Boardgaming Week is nearly over, and I can get back to playing.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
What's wrong with Checkers?

Certainly has a better tradition than most modern games.
I find it more enjoyable than Chess (though nothing compared to Go).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have rubbed them all out and scrawled ZOMBICIDE in big letters, diagonally, across the whole board.

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.