Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Sorry for bad preview image quality, they are downgaded to around 20% for uploading here on the forum. The ones in the download link are full quality.

Download Link for Minor Titles, Authority Cards and New Quorum Cards

HOW IT WORKS :

Well the New Quorum Cards and the CAG tactics card are self explanatory (the +1 and -1 means die rolls) so I'll just go on to the Minor Titles.

When beginning the game, the Admiral first chooses an XO. The President then chooses the President's Advisor (a player in the Brig can't be chosen) who can be anyone else but the XO, even the Admiral. The Admiral draws an Authority card when beginning the game.

The goal of these minor titles is to bring tension between the Admiral and the President as you will find in the Authority cards and also to make the Admiral even more dangerous.

GAMEPLAY SITUATIONS:

The XO changes if he goes to the Brig, the President's Advisor doesn't, but neither minor title can be given to a player in the Brig. Whenever Admiralty changes, the Admiral chooses a new XO (can be the same player as it used to be ofc) and if the Presidency changes they choose a new President's Advisor (can be the same player again).
If the minor title can't be given to anyone at the momment, it is kept out of play and given to the first available player when it can be given (usually when they get out of the Brig)

I'm hoping to expand the Admiral's Authority cards to around 30 cards. If you have any ideas feel free to write. The Minor Titles are intended to be played with at least 6 players. With 5 players disregard the President's Advisor.
Without further to do here are the very low quality previews.

Minor Titles, Extended CAG card and Authority Cards for the Admiral :

New Quorum Cards

PRINTING:

When printing on A4 paper set to print as "Full screen photograph printing" to get the right size
(mine is in different language, but it's the second from top)

All my expansions:
Character Pack
Personal Crisis Cards
New Minor Titles, Admiral Cards etc.
Alternate Opera House Skill Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Small mistake, there were supposed to be 2 Stand By Your President cards in the pack. Corrected now in the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Yorck
msg tools
These are great, and I will use them, they a have a lot of suspicious and great option.
I first impression, it could a bit pro-human, do you think a well?
I would like them to translate them into German as well? Do you have any templates? What backside do you use for the title cards and the new authority cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Yes I'd say they are overall slightly pro-human. But it also gives the Admiral ability to bluff his way by using "good" Authority cards and doing bad Jumps. Which was our peril in the last game just two days ago. That bastard.

Sending templates shortly.

edit: edited the Authority card backs to the link.
I've bought two of every version, the base game+expansions (or rather we bought it as a group). I use extra Quorum Card backs for the Quorum's and the extra title card backs for the Advisor etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Yorck
msg tools
What does "stranded" mean? It is on the Quorum card "Arrow of Apollo".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
It is the same as Helo's Stranded negative ability in the base game. "You are not on the board, you may not move, be moved or take Actions" . So basically on your turn you draw your Skill Cards and draw a Crisis. You can play abilities and cards into skill checks normally however. Whenever you return from being stranded move to Hangar Deck (or Resistance HQ if on New Caprica and Galactica is not on orbit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think you have something here, especially with the Admiral abilities and (referring also to your work in other threads) some FANTASTIC ideas regarding Cylon Leaders in which I am especially interested.

However... these image files are MASSIVE! The "original" size nearly crashed my computer!

An image size of 8268 x 11693 is large enough to print a poster over thirteen feet tall. Even printing at 300 pixels-per-inch (photo-quality) you'll still get a three-and-a-half foot print: Large enough for each card to fill its own 8x11 sheet of paper, in photo-quality detail.

May I suggest you shrink these images so that each card measures 675 pixels across, by 1050 pixels tall (note: these are the dimensions of the WHOLE card, AFTER cutting it out, so they include that white border)? This will provide cards measuring exactly 3.5" x 2.25" when printed at 300 dpi (photo-quality), while reducing the dimensions of your 9-card images to around 2500 x 3500 — a much more manageable download!

Again, this is strictly a technical issue that's easily fixed—please don't mistake this for a critique of your substantive work, which is excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
I do see your point. I'm not really that great at using Photoshop, I just saved the files outputting them to JPEG. It doesn't give you options for dimensions, just quality which I maxed. If there is some other better option I could give it a try.

If you print it as per instructions it should fit nicely on an A4 paper though and at the right card size. The only problem is that many printers will run out of RAM when trying to print these since they are that huge. I printed these out at a print shop.

And also, if you have any ideas for new Authority cards they are very welcome. I would like to grow the stack with at least 7 more cards but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can help you with that!

First, may I direct you to the BSG Creativity & Imaging Thread, filled with friendly people who Photoshop/GIMP as a hobby. Whether you're looking for resources (such as blank card templates, fonts, etc.), answers, critiques or suggestions, you'll find them there pretty quickly.

As for image size in Photoshop: When you save your file, select File --> "Save for Web & Devices" from the "File" menu, rather than "Save As..." (or you can hit Alt+Shift+Control+S—no such thing as too many modifier keys in Photoshop). This will bring up a window where you can make some key adjustments before saving a copy of the image that's ready for uploading:

- at bottom-right, you can set the image dimensions
- at top-right, there's a drop-down menu where you can set the image type (jpeg, probably)
- just below that, you can set the image quality (high, I'd suggest)
- the big image preview to the left shows the results of your settings (so, if you drop the quality to "low", you'll see the ugly)
- at bottom-left, under the image preview, the "fine print" shows the size (in mega/kilobytes) the image will be with these settings, so you can see how big of an impact your adjustments are making
- ... most of the other things I never use and have no idea what they mean

When you're done, hit "Save" and you're done.

(Doing it this way is better than changing the image size of your whole document via "Image --> Image Size", since that is irreversible.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
So, you have any ideas for new Authority cards? I'd rather keep the talk in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ever play "The Resistance"? Really oversimplifying: It's a hidden-enemy type game, where each round a "Leader" has to assemble a team by choosing some number of players. Those players then go on the mission, and if a hidden enemy was chosen to go on the mission, they have the ability to sabotage it.

Something similar could be themed after that scene with Adama drawing the line down the middle of the Hangar Deck in the finale: Admiral chooses half the human players (rounded down) to contribute to a Crisis. No Destiny is added, and the difficulty is reduced... but if even one negative Skill Card shows up, the Crisis automatically fails. (Of course, since only a few of the players went on the Crisis, it's much more risky for a Cylon to spike it: Less people to hide behind.)

I like mechanics that subtly encourage Cylons to remain covert (such as the above, because Revealed Cylons can't be chosen to go on these "missions"). Another one I really want to try is giving the Admiral the ability to Brig someone as an interrupt, perhaps after getting the President's consent, to curtail soft reveals (which I find rather out-of-flavor). Could be called "Code Blue", and it could be playable "At the end of any player's turn...".

I'll also suggest that many of the mechanics on your cards (and the ones I've suggested, especially the second one) are going to need some serious balance testing: Giving the XO five Leadership seems really strong to me, as an example. And brigging-as-an-interrupt has obvious potential for imbalance, though I think the idea of mechanics to keep Cylons from revealing is healthy for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
I just got another idea for "Drawing the Red Line", but I'll have to work on the details later. Thanks for the suggestion which gave me the idea. I'll put up a card about it later.
The Crisis thing you suggested is actually pretty nice. I'll have to work the details but it'll be something like this:

Assign a Task Force
"Play on a Crisis Card Skill Check. Lower the difficulty by 3 and do not include Destiny Cards into this check. All other players must have at least one Skill Card when this Card is played and they must play at least one Skill Card to the check. If there is a negative Skill Card in the Skill Check it automatically fails. You may not participate in the check."
--
Brigging as an interrupt in any circumstance is way too good for either team in my book. That's definitely not doable.

As for balance. Giving the XO 5 Leadership first of all uses up an Action. And secondly you can only gain Authority cards during the XO's turn so they don't come easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan West
Canada
Wasaga Beach
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philoman wrote:
Brigging as an interrupt in any circumstance is way too good for either team in my book. That's definitely not doable.

This is nothing more than a failure of imagination.

"Play this at the end of any player's turn to Brig them" — definitely unbalanced.

"Play this at the end of any player's turn. The President may activate 'Admiral's Quarters' targeting the current player (does not have to occupy the location)" — something I'd like to test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Eunomiac wrote:

"Play this at the end of any player's turn. The President may activate 'Admiral's Quarters' targeting the current player (does not have to occupy the location)" — something I'd like to test.

Brigging someone should cost you an Action. That's my opinion on the matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yarr Man
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Oh right, there is actually way already to Brig someone at the end of a Skill Check. Playing Quorum Debate (from my alternate Opera House deck) the President may play or draw a Quorum card.
--
Anyway, I've been trying to come up with ideas to expand the Authority deck. What I'd like is cards that somehow either require trust from the President or are just otherwise bad for the President but overall good for the fleet. Anyway things that create mistrust between the Admiral and the President but may otherwise benefit the fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.