A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious what pairs of games (be it right or wrong) that have been twinned with another either amicably or perhaps less amicably.
For example...

vs.

Summoner Wars vs Mage Wars Arena

What other twins can you think of?

Which twins do you have in your collection and why do you have both?

Which false twins do you know of that are regularly twinned but you feel shouldn't be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Siouxfire wrote:
Which false twins do you know of that are regularly twinned but you feel shouldn't be?

Jasper & Zot

Plants vs Zombies

At first glance the comparison seems obvious, but the games are actually quite different.

Plants vs Zombies is a sort of tower defense game where you set up a variety of turrets to wear down incoming zombies, killing them one at a time before they reach your back row.

Jasper and Zot is more like Galaga in that you have a wizard moving back and forth along the bottom edge of the board shooting spells that transform the zombies into clumps of flowers. Then, similar to Puyo-Pop, you're trying to chain together large clumps of flowers for points. All the while you must protect your pumpkins, like in Missile Command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of some obscure dialogue from the TV series Farscape.

D’Argos: “You cloned me?”

Kaarvok: “Not the word ‘cloned’, please. I doubled you. I… twinned you. Two D’Argos, equal and original. And tasty.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The latter re-themes the former. I have Beowulf but wish I had both. In Kingdoms, you draw a tile and play it, whereas in Beowulf you manage a small hand of tiles, so they play differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.