United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
What exactly are they? At $30,000 we get... Norway?

Does Norway have a whole new army we can play with? Or a few cards that can be used with... Germany? Anyone? Or are these terrain/environment cards? Or both?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if the new revised edition is similiar to the older version in this sense. Norway will be new player cards with different attributes/weapons etc and a few rules to enchance/change the way they play. So instead of just having America vs Germany you could have Norway vs. Germany. Norway would/should play differently than the Americans.

Just to give an example from the old version, Americans had a large hand limit(^6, while the British had a moderate hand limit (5), but the British had different weapons/morale stats to make up for the smaller hand limit. I am assuming Norway would be something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm, all for new armies for Up Front, provided they are well-reasearched and playtested. The weird thing, though, is that I suspect a lot of people will get the $40 US and Germany package for cost and to see what the new version looks and feels like. But the $30,000 level for the Norway "stretch" goal is the same as the $30,000 required to fund the project at all. So a lot of people will end up with the US, Germany, and Norway as essentially the base set, with no Russians! Crazy stuff. Up Front without the Russians is pretty bare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
So a lot of people will end up with the US, Germany, and Norway as essentially the base set, with no Russians! Crazy stuff. Up Front without the Russians is pretty bare.

I noticed that as well. Looks like they may meet at least several of their stretch goals and backers will end up with US, German, Norwegian, French and Canadian forces.

Kind of a weird mix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan MacDonald

Glendale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
andreww wrote:
So a lot of people will end up with the US, Germany, and Norway as essentially the base set, with no Russians! Crazy stuff. Up Front without the Russians is pretty bare.

I noticed that as well. Looks like they may meet at least several of their stretch goals and backers will end up with US, German, Norwegian, French and Canadian forces.

Kind of a weird mix.

So far there are just 11 backers for just the base game and 103 for everything, so it looks like most people will have all 7 nationalities and how ever many of the stretch goals that are reached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And remember the immediate release of these "stretch" armies is for kickstarter supporters only. The standard "expansion" packs will get released before any of these "stretch" armies do.... well at least that's what it sounds like. So gamers buying this game in the store will probably get a couple if not all of the standard packs before they get the "minor" ones. I doubt we'll come across too many gamers that just have America, Germany and then some of the "stretch" armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
US, German, Norwegian, French and Canadian forces...

So you have two choices, have the Germans appear in every game or start writing alternative history scenarios: Canada Invades Norway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
They've updated the Kickstarter page with a few more details for us clueless types - pretty wild to buy just the base game, and have it "come with" Greeks, Yugoslav partisans, Romanians, USMC, SS etc. But no Ruskies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad they put in the number of cards for each expansion and stretch reward. All total is 2,199 cards if every stretch reward is reached and you get the full package.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question on stretch rewards: if you support the reprint after a stretch reward threshold was crossed, do you get the previous stretch rewards as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you back the project at any time before it ends at the appropriate level, you get all stretch rewards.

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.