Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought this light tent: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MYASTG/ref=oh_details_o...

In the ratings comments several people mentioned that the included lights were not powerful enough, but no one suggested alternatives. I've used the tent several times and it indeed is too dark, forcing me to use the camera's built in flash, which really makes the whole setup pointless.

So.. I'd love suggestions on lights that are reasonably priced that would work better!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monchi
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is what we did. I can't find the original video I watched but this shows the basics. Obviously the better materials you use for the side panels the better results. We built ours to photograph leather and it worked awesome. For the lights we just took a few desk lights and those worked awesome. You might want to hop onto some photography sites as that was where I found the original video.

but here is a link to one that shows you what we did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1bAh193Iwc&feature=related
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Do you have a dSLR and are you using the camera stand? If so then you should be able to just use a longer shutter duration.

If you can't adjust your exposure then you can pick up some cheap lights from Ikea and use them to supplement the existing lights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Bounce flash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.