Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a family board game that plays in less than 30 min generally, up to 4 players, the prototype is done, it has been playtested.

I have little desire to self-publish and I understand that getting a game published is a lot like a band trying to get a record deal so I have no delusions about the difficulty that may lie ahead.

All of that being said, if you guys were going to submit a family game to a publisher, who would be your top picks and why?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on the type of family game. Playroom Entertainment, Out of the Box, Hasbro, Gamewright all produce 'family games' of different types.

For that matter, it can be argues that Rio Grande and Z-Man and AEG etc etc produce family games.

My two cents is to find a company that publishes similar styles of games and then see if they accept submissions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamewright really seems to publish a lot of games that my game would fit well with.

Thank you for your input. I have a feeling I will be contacting many publishers before (if ever) I find one to bite on the it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasbro does not take direct submissions so thats one you can eliminate right off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
haha yeah I looked them up first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hartman
United States
Battle Ground
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of the box has a very clear and simple submission process. From my experience they also respond to those submissions with feedback. Good luck, it is hard but well worth it if you believe in your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.