Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a difference of some sort between the units that have their factors in white and those with black factors? I can't find anything in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris gammon
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's just for readability. The black is used on the yellow background for units that have exploitation ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like infantry class units are white-numbered, armour and artillery are black-numbered. I think that's all there is to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris gammon
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It looks like infantry class units are white-numbered, armour and artillery are black-numbered. I think that's all there is to it.

That's a good point! Perhaps it's a reminder that indirect fire attack strengths can't be used for normal attack. But that doesn't distinguish it from armor, except that armor has the yellow band. I would prefer the attack number on the indirect units to be in parenthesis to distinguish them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to SCS so indirect fire might be part of other games in the system but I don't see it in Bastogne (unless, of course, I've completely missed it somewhere.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris gammon
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 1.10 Ranged Weapons covers indirect fire. They use the terms barrage/ranged/artillery. These include true artillery, but also mortars and 88mm anti-aircraft guns. To fire, you need a spotter next to the unit being fired on.

1.11c states that Artillery units have no attack strength, so the first number on the unit cannot be used to directly attack an adjacent unit during the combat phase. It can only fire during a barrage phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.