Star Trek: Fleet Captains – Romulan Empire» Forums » General

Subject: Components quality control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teo C
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I don't know about you but I am extremely frustrated by WizKids quality control. I yet again after buying the main set and getting a destroyed card in it and going back and forth for months with them to trying to send me a good copy of it.
I now bought the Romulan Expansion and found 2 cards that look like they been crumpled and seen better days. I want to get Wizkids to send them replacement but last time they just sent the card with no protection and they of course got damaged in the mail until I was lucky and the mail didn't wreck the card. It's extremely frustrating and they are hard to get a hold of and don't understand not to send a card without proper protection when mailing them.
Do other people have these types of issues???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall any problems since they left Topps, and few before that. (Two damaged Mechwarrior pieces, over three years of weekly tournaments and purchases.) But I waited on the base Fleet Captains game until they had settled some of the early issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was in great shape when I opened it; no missing or damaged components to speak of. And it was sold as "sub-standard" condition. (Apparently, the seller's definition of sub-standard" is that the shrink wrap around the box isn't perfect; there was a hole about the size of a dime in the shrink wrap. From the box in, however, everything's fine.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teo C
Canada
flag msg tools
Wow lucky!! great fine. For me everything else is great couldn't be happier just the 2 cards are the issue and I would think quality control would be able to pick these out. I'm just dreading contacting them and waiting to get a good condition of the cards in question. While waiting to play with the cards. I contacted the store I purchased from hopefully they will be able to help. It just put a damper on a purchase that I was looking forward too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teo C
Canada
flag msg tools
Thankfully the place I bought it from decided to be nice and allow me to switch the cards with another box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was fine too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Just got my copy and found the "location tiles" smashed into its spot with an odd shaped bag that doesn't seem like an original bag. The cards are bent and warped. The damage can't be undone.

The crew cards were also bent badly.

The ships are mostly OK, but many were poorly put together with a lot of rough edges and gaps.

I bought the core set and was troubled by the quality of the components and bad clicks but this is a damaged set.

Now what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Mullineaux
United States
Fridley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My location tiles were mashed into the container as well.
Online replacement only allows one request per game and five cards only.
Tried to pick worst ones to replace.
Anybody had luck flattening them out?
Tried heavy objects, not much better.
Makes we a bit worried how these will hold up long term anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.