Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of a bummer. Both were weak in keeping my attention, but they both had cool potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't watch a lot of TV, but I am somewhat surprised I have never heard about either of these shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
666 Park Avenue would be a cool every-once-in-a-while TV movie...

Last Resort should have been a movie.

I hear the new seasons of Whitney is premiering soon.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
666 Park Avenue would be a cool every-once-in-a-while TV movie...

I hear the new seasons of Whitney is premiering soon.

-DK

I dont know what the other two shows are that Chapel mentioned but I know I have seen whitney once or twice and it was really really bad. she is very attractive but wildly unfunny. Maybe it improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the reason for Park Ave's cancellation was due to the sets being damaged in Sandy.

Not a great show, but watchable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved the first episode of Last Resort but we don't watch TV on a network's schedule and don't care enough to get DVR. There's already enough in our Netflix queue that we're never going to finish watching all of it . . .

So you can blame me if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
Loved the first episode of Last Resort but we don't watch TV on a network's schedule and don't care enough to get DVR. There's already enough in our Netflix queue that we're never going to finish watching all of it . . .

Problem was, that the first episode was really good, then it kind of went south.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Problem was, that the first episode was really good, then it kind of went south.

So, you're not blaming me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:

So, you're not blaming me?

Not unless you wrote the subsequent episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

My wife and I saw the commercials and were like "how is this the plot for an entire series?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

My wife and I saw the commercials and were like "how is this the plot for an entire series?"

The writers didn't get to flesh out the plot, but their plan was that the whole incident happened in an alternate universe where everybody is an angel fighting American politicians who were actually cyborgs but then all the characters wake up on an alien world and it's revealed that they were actually future astronauts who had fallen asleep at the ship's controls and were undergoing alien mindprobes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinister Dexter wrote:
Csigs wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

The writers didn't get to flesh out the plot, but their plan was that the whole incident happened in an alternate universe where everybody is an angel fighting American politicians who were actually cyborgs but then all the characters wake up on an alien world and it's revealed that they were actually future astronauts who had fallen asleep at the ship's controls and were undergoing alien mindprobes.

I'd watch that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
nycavri wrote:

I disagree. I found that it held up and stayed interesting surprisingly well since the pilot (though the pilot was fantastic). Best new series, IMO. It doesn't surprise me that it's cancelled, though, and I am okay with that... I don't think stretching the premise beyond one season would have been good. Still, I hope they can end it in some kind of satisfactory way. Definitely recommended, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.