Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is something that could be done with the laser cutting or I'd have to come up with a creative way to do this on my own. Concept is a Halo like 3D stand to go on the board with a small tray to place your population cube on. If anybody has any thoughts on a relatively reasonably priced way to do this I'd be down to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had another thought...it would be pretty sweet if the "Halo" were on a bit of an angle. I just got the Litko Monoliths and now I'm wondering how I could make cooler Orbitals. I don't like the Orbitals from Litko.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check your hardware store in the plumbing area. They have O rings that might work as part of a project. Fender washers might work too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the thing being orbited? Looking at the image makes me think "Ringworld", not "orbital".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point...having the orbital on a tilt would be key...also if it could appear to be floating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by you, I´ve tried a different aproach to the orbital (ringworld) problem:
I printed some Ringworlds on foil (usually used for overhead projectors):

Then I laminated a ringworld and cut out a 8mm square hole, stuck the cube inside and put the whole thing in a transparent stand:

And this is, how it looks like on the board:

Not perfect, but for a first try I´m pleased with the result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lacey
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like. Could you take a shot from further away just to see what it looks like from a wider angle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.