14 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Missing Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Mage Wars arrived at my doorstep today and was excited to break it open and take a look at the contents and put together one of the spellbooks. But in the process, I found out that I only had 320 of the 322 cards. Has anyone heard of any other instances of this?

FYI, I think I am missing one Rhino Hide and Temple of Light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sweazey
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just look through and figure out which cards you need and email them. They will get them to you post-haste!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Hjelme
Norway
Arendal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened to me, and after emailing them I had a replacement within two weeks.

Good luck with the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitko Simidchiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Check out our Bulgarian board games site BigBoxGamers.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they are really good about it. I live in Eastern Europe and my replacement arrived within a week of me emailing them so they get all the thumbs I have up for their customer support and service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Manning
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottyB23 wrote:
So Mage Wars arrived at my doorstep today and was excited to break it open and take a look at the contents and put together one of the spellbooks. But in the process, I found out that I only had 320 of the 322 cards. Has anyone heard of any other instances of this?

FYI, I think I am missing one Rhino Hide and Temple of Light.

Same thing happened to me, I was missing three cards. I emailed them and had a response within hours and the missing cards were in my mailbox 4 days later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I was missing a card...got that was stomach turning...I printed the card list from the files section and checked them all off, one by one.

Turns out, I was not missing a card, I simply had it in the wrong stack.

I did, however, get some wrong cubes. Instead of 3 blue, 3 red, and 2 black, I got 2 red and 6 black.

It's not a huge deal, as I have the right amount of components, it's just a little off-putting. Is that something I should email them about, or would that be a "don't bother us" type of situation.

GREAT game, btw...after our first game yesterday with the apprentice decks, I was up way too late thinking about what I'd like to try next time. This doesn't happen very often anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Nicewander
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brendanb wrote:
I did, however, get some wrong cubes. Instead of 3 blue, 3 red, and 2 black, I got 2 red and 6 black.

It's not a huge deal, as I have the right amount of components, it's just a little off-putting. Is that something I should email them about, or would that be a "don't bother us" type of situation.

You have the correct cubes, on their website they explain that they changed the cubes after the component photo was taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ok...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In hear your pain. One of my spell books had the center card sleeves unglued to the spine. Had to custom attach it. Didn't even think to email for a replacement! Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Aneiros
Spain
Logroño
La RIoja
flag msg tools
My copy had the bubbly spellbook problem. It's not a big deal, I didn't even email to have it replaced. The board is so tight it doesn't unfold completely (the center, length-wise, doen't touch the table), and the later half of the spellbook is sleeved backwards, which I guess was to be expected if you're a more veteran collector than I am?

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game and believe it's an amazing value, but I find it weird that after watching loads of reviews of it every one of them says the component quality is oh so very awesome, without mentioning these little things in most cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Benwax123 wrote:
In hear your pain. One of my spell books had the center card sleeves unglued to the spine. Had to custom attach it. Didn't even think to email for a replacement! Doh!

We caught that! I sent you a BGG email requesting your contact information.

-Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Belado
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monroekpa wrote:
...I find it weird that after watching loads of reviews of it every one of them says the component quality is oh so very awesome, without mentioning these little things in most cases.

Probably because the issue aren't universal. My copy didn't have any issues are all.

The spellbook "sleeving" issue is just how those books are made. I don't know why but they come this way. I have a larger book I use to put all my spell cards in and it has the same design issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems here either with components. I have two basic sets and the core tome expansion and everything works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.