Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
We have just finished our first game and found ourselves at disagreement over this action.
We read the various posts on BGG but I am afraid that we are still confused.

I understand that there are 4 options. 1 and 2 seem simple.

1) Draw 2 commodity cards from the face down pile (not the discard piles) and discard 1 to the discard piles.

2) Pick up the top card from one of the discard piles and add it to your hand.

3) Play 1 or 2 cards from your hand face up in front of you. This becomes your personal display. Draw 1 or 2 cards (depending upon how many you played) from the face down draw pile.

4) You may ship commodities aboard one of the 3 ships as per the illustrations in the rules. You score points appropriately.

Now my queries are:

A)Do these cards that you played for the shipment remain in front of you ? I am guessing yes. If so, do they count 3 points for each card at the game's end if I have the appropriate Bonus tile.? Thus if I have 3 fish cards at the end of the game, which I have shipped, I would score 9 points plus also bonus points for the grapes (which is on the same bonus tile).

B) Do I score 1 point for ALL cards in my hand at the end of the game which I have not put into my display.

C) In order to make a shipment, can I use ANY cards that I have previously played from my hand into my display as well as cards still in my hand? OR can I use cards only in my hand to make a shipment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, for option 1 make sure you realize that you draw two cards to your hand and then discard ANY card from your hand.

Now to answer your questions:

A) The cards that you play for shipping upon one of the three ships stay in front of you as part of your display, and you will score 3 points for each card that matches a gold bonus tile you control at the end of the game.

B) That is correct.

C) Only cards from your hand. Once a card is played into your display you may not use it again. (Of course at the end of the game you may score VP from bonus tiles)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your help.
However just one further query.
If you can only use cards from your hand to make a shipment, why would you select option 3?
Would you use this option towards the end of the game in order to score points from the bonus tiles? As noted, you cannot use these cards together with cards from your hand to make a shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
kredwood wrote:
Thanks for your help.
However just one further query.
If you can only use cards from your hand to make a shipment, why would you select option 3?
Would you use this option towards the end of the game in order to score points from the bonus tiles? As noted, you cannot use these cards together with cards from your hand to make a shipment.

Because you can get 2 cards in one turn, and play two cards to your display for bonus points at the end of the game- cards you may not want to ship for points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.