Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I have been a huge fan of Thunderstone since day one. I have bought every addition to the series. However, I was GREATLY disappointed with the playsheet that was haphazardly folded in the box. One would expect that if the original Advance gameboard was mounted that this would as well. This is not one of the cheaper expansions, and as such, I fully expected that it would have a mounted board. Not too impressed WHATSOEVER.

\\ yuk

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree. That completely threw me for a loop as well. And like you said, it's not even folded well to fit in the box properly.

I like the idea of the mat and different ways to play, but the presentation was very poor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am taking mine to have it professionally laminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb

Any chance somebody could upload an image of the playmat?

Thanks in Advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Already done and just got approval.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is not only folded poorly, but the internal corner of it got "munched" in the package, adding that extra little dose of ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of thunderstone too and i've the original thunderstone and the wrath of the elements that doesn't have gameboard. Had to imagine the setting. Later, bought the much improved game Thunderstone Advance which came a very nice gameboard, except the smell of some kind of toxic. I had to leave it catch some air fresh to free that smell. No big deal.

I don't have yet this expansions and i saw the complains about the gameboard being a playmatsheet. That's wasn't the news i would like to receive, but what i can do. Since i'm a fan of ascension, i've to say "BANISH" and play it as i've done with the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not happy about this either. Looking into it. I expect to have more information in a couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!!!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:
We're not happy about this either. Looking into it. I expect to have more information in a couple of days.

Please consider producing an actual mounted board for this to sell seperately (for a fair price ).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Please consider producing an actual mounted board for this to sell seperately (for a fair price ).

Bye
Thanee

This! Very much this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwind wrote:
Thanee wrote:
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Please consider producing an actual mounted board for this to sell seperately (for a fair price :)).

Bye
Thanee

This! Very much this!

yup, and some mounted modules too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
I'm a fan of thunderstone too and i've the original thunderstone and the wrath of the elements that doesn't have gameboard. Had to imagine the setting. Later, bought the much improved game Thunderstone Advance which came a very nice gameboard, except the smell of some kind of toxic. I had to leave it catch some air fresh to free that smell. No big deal.

I don't have yet this expansions and i saw the complains about the gameboard being a playmatsheet. That's wasn't the news i would like to receive, but what i can do. Since i'm a fan of ascension, i've to say "BANISH" and play it as i've done with the first game.

That "toxic" smell is the ink still drying and off-gassing. My board was actually wet/gooey on on the lower left section of the board. It's finally dried after months, but it remains somewhat sticky and rough.

The new expansions play-mat was folded badly and I was never able to get it straightened out quite right. Might try ironing it between two towels and see if that helps (that is if it won't damage the play-mat).

Awesome game though, and excellent expansion despite the production annoyances.

Oh, and I vote for a large expansion that has a new board that comes with it. On one side put the siege board on it. That way people won't have to special order a deluxe board and AEG doesn't have to worry about producing and selling any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

By any chance, have you looked into producing a gameboard for Corruption? Thanks!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
My mat was poorly folded/packaged as well. It was not torn, but that is the only way it could have been in worse shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to give some counter-balancing feedback, my mat was folded nicely. Not perfectly mind you, but certainly well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Siegmund
Netherlands
Heemskerk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I got my expansion and was also very disappointed with a badly folded map with a small tear in it.cry

So I came to BGG and saw this thread: is there any news about this issue from AEG?

Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Austin
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, that took a little longer than I expected.

If you would like a replacement playmat, please email our customer service department: customerservice@alderac.com.

We'll send you a better one.

We are also looking into creating a thicker, mounted board for this. You'll hear more about that next year.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

If you would like a replacement playmat, please email our customer service department: customerservice@alderac.com.

We are also looking into creating a thicker, mounted board for this. You'll hear more about that next year.

Jeff

Done! The mounted board is a bit more interesting to me though. ;-}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Jeff

Thanks for trying to make this right. It was a major disappointment when I saw the play mat just stuffed in like that, especially since everything else is done so well. Can you describe what you mean by "better"? Thanks for the otherwise great game.

Fraser

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

We are also looking into creating a thicker, mounted board for this. You'll hear more about that next year. :)

Jeff

Sold seperately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Jeff

Sold seperately?

I'll definitely buy it. I just can't see myself playing the Siege variant with a map sheet. I had it out the other day to play it and it looked terrible next to the mapboard. I think I am going to wait this one out until a mapboard comes out. It bothers me that much. At least we got a response. Note to AEG: No more sheets!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Siegmund
Netherlands
Heemskerk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
Jefftyjeffjeff wrote:

Jeff

Sold seperately?

Or maybe included in the next expansion, this will also be cost effective for AEG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom thumbs
msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like they have been folded by a 5 years old in china...
I think "better one" means the same paper map but just folded cleanly..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll just wait and buy the mounted board then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.