Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing with the Core Set through the first cycle pack. I hear people complain about that aren't worded right or have been updated through errata to be completely different.

What are some of the cards or rules that someone just starting should be aware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ isn't a mystery - go to fantasyflightgames.com and download it.

But you should be aware that Stand and Fight has an unintuituve interpretation, Zigil Miner has been errataed, and both Beravor and Protector of Lorien are limited in the number of times they can use their abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not everyone will agree with this, but...

I wouldn't worry too much about the errata if you're just starting with the game. Just play everything as the cards say and refer to the FAQ if you hit a problem. The purpose of most of the errata is to make the game a bit harder, and as such is only really important for competitive players or those looking for a more challenging game.

Once you have got the hang of the game, read through the errata and FAQ and try to get into the habit of playing with the "correct" rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the one thing worth knowing that's not covered correctly in the rules or the FAQ is exactly when you can and can't take actions during combat, as that can make a difference. For example, the rules imply that you can take an action between when a shadow card is revealed and when it's resolved, but that's not true. The best way to get to grips with the updated turn sequence is to check out some of the detailed turn sequence player aids in the files section here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Iron
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, print a copy of the unofficial FAQ below. Extremely useful at the beginning:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82879/comprehensive-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.