Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you explore while a mouse is captured?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:
yes, but I don't recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
BTBAM wrote:
yes, but I don't recommend it.

Because the captured mouse still doesn't return until the tile is empty on his turn....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured so. I had some friends over playing through Ch 1 and we were just curious, kinda wanted to just keep playing so we figured we'd move on. It definitely got harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob atkins
United States
California
flag msg tools
unless you need to gamble, like say you only have 4 cheese left till game over, it's probably not right to explore with someone captured. Just take the extra cheese on the wheel, it's much better than being down a mouse for a whole tile.

The only time in which I would recommend this is if you are crossing through a previously explored room and have no enemies to fear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original online Rulebook stated that "Rescuing a Mouse: If a mouse is captured, that mouse is automatically rescued as soon as there are no longer minions on the board. Place it on the same space as another mouse or on a space adjacent to another mouse."

Not sure why they decided to change this rule in the final version as surely this makes more sense thematically? ie the mouse comes back as soon as all the minions that captured him are defeated?

I can see that it makes it more difficult in that you can trigger a surge in the meantime due to the extra cheese you take at the end of the initiative track whilst waiting for that mouse's turn to come round again. Guess I'll just houserule the rule as originally written (unless I'm missing anything that makes such a houserule a gamebreaker?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever is more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.