Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hunting Witchking's "He sees, He knows" ability is noted on the card and in the rules as occuring when the Fellowship is declared. Should this be "declared or revealed" or just"revealed" instead? Those would make more thematic sense, but I'm not sure if that's the intent or if there's something else I'm missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
It only works when the FP player DECLARES the Fellowship. This way the Fellowship will be hard pressed getting away from him on their own accord, but if REVEALED the Shadow player needs to allocate resources to get the Hunty W-k back on their track.

Auto-follow on both reveals and declares would make him too strong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pippin the Bold
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
Excuse my confusion but why would one want to declare the Fellowship in a region which does not contain an unconquered Free Peoples Stronghold?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Tennant wrote:
Excuse my confusion but why would one want to declare the Fellowship in a region which does not contain an unconquered Free Peoples Stronghold?

To get away from a Nazgûl and/or Shadow Army unit in the same region as the Fellowship (they provide Hunt re-rolls for the Shadow player).

Incidentally, this is exactly what the alternate Witch-king (the Chief of the Ringwraiths) makes more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pippin the Bold
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
But I would have thought that the Shadow player on his/her turn would immediately move a Nazgul on to the Fellowship's new position to get the re-roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They will (if they can), but it will cost an action, and the Free Peoples player gets to go first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pippin the Bold
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the replies, I now understand!

WotR is an amazing game and every time we play we discover more depth. Unfortunately due to time constraints we only get to play a couple of times a year but always brilliant fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.