Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/40

Appears Rich Sommer has graciously recorded the narrative moments in the first book of Mice & Mystics. All of the proceeds go to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty cool! Glad we haven't started playing it yet. Waiting for my minis to get painted so we delayed starting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet this is awesome. Is there a way to hear a sample?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:

From what I could discover, no. I'm about to go to bed, but I'll download it tomorrow and give some feedback on my thoughts when I get the chance. Someone may beat me to the chase.

Even if it is just okay, the money does go to a good cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LostRoom wrote:
Malaiser wrote:

From what I could discover, no. I'm about to go to bed, but I'll download it tomorrow and give some feedback on my thoughts when I get the chance. Someone may beat me to the chase.

Even if it is just okay, the money does go to a good cause.
Yes that is important and motivating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Hogan
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this!

Bought, d/l'ed, and added to my Google Music. Tomorrows session should be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked it up and listened to the introduction.

Very good reading so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I normally wouldn't buy this at all (especially for the price point) but considering that 100% of the proceeds go to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund I snap bought it in a heartbeat.

This is really awesome of PHG and Rich Sommer. Like, seriously awesome. Also, I think his narrating voice would fit the game fairly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I normally wouldn't buy this at all (especially for the price point) but considering that 100% of the proceeds go to the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund I snap bought it in a heartbeat.

This is really awesome of PHG and Rich Sommer. Like, seriously awesome. Also, I think his narrating voice would fit the game fairly well.

10$ for allmost an hour of audio for a game is fine since this is essentially for a charity endeavor rather than a straight up product.

The reading is good and if I can understand it hearing impaired - then that is a good sign for the rest of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really great, and fantastic of both PHG, and Rich that the proceeds should go to the JVMF.

My only surprise is that "The Voice" wasn't involved.
Eric Summerer
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Check out my audiobooks!
badge
Will talk for food!
mbmbmbmbmb
Employing his soothing vocal abilities would also have been most awesome.

I look forward to downloading this shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an awesome idea, already on my iPad! I'd love to see other games too. Descent 2nd Edition, Mansions of Madness, maybe story realms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
After listening to the prologue, I think I would've preferred the trebormills version, but this is a good reading. Worth buying to support Charity and Mice & Mystics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it and I definitely think it is worth a 10 dollar donation to the Jack Vasel Foundation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin M
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About to play my first session today, but as I am a bit under the weather I wasn't looking forward to reading aloud, and was going to ask someone else to do it. Glad I decided to check the recent BGG posts for the game, this is a great idea overall, and especially useful for me today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sample available

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/00.01_Prologue.mp3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin M
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinator wrote:
About to play my first session today, but as I am a bit under the weather I wasn't looking forward to reading aloud, and was going to ask someone else to do it. Glad I decided to check the recent BGG posts for the game, this is a great idea overall, and especially useful for me today

Just finished our first game, and with the new mp3s. The whole party loved it! A very worthwhile addition, I recommend using them for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sandberg
United States
kentwood
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a neat idea. What would be even cooler (although incredibly time consuming and expensive) would be to create animated shorts that could be played on a dvd player or laptop to depict the story part of the book. I know it won't happen for this project but if they make a sequel game it would be a great addition to the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great, and will be useful for people who don't like to read long text in front of a group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I thought about when listening to the sample was some background music would be really nice. It's a long wall of dialogue for the intro (over 6 minutes) so would really help. Going to look over my soundtrack collection and see if there's something I can mix in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
One thing I thought about when listening to the sample was some background music would be really nice. It's a long wall of dialogue for the intro (over 6 minutes) so would really help. Going to look over my soundtrack collection and see if there's something I can mix in.

The background music from Neverwinter Nights would do well of you can play the BMU files they are saved as. MP-Classic can. Not sure what else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
ScottE wrote:

The background music from Neverwinter Nights would do well of you can play the BMU files they are saved as. MP-Classic can. Not sure what else.

Video game music works well since it's usually designed to not be too intrusive and loop. I worked on Neverwinter Nights 2 actually. I'll have to check our servers and see where the source files are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NWN 2 also uses BMU's for the music files. Some sound like re-treads of NWN 1 music though. Not positive on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.