Subject: Destitute Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If all of my money is currently wagered and the fight in the arena has not occured, can the 'Destitute' reaction card be played on me?

Edit: changed the word "scheme" to "reaction".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You spent your cash at the bookies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Festini
Germany
Markt Schwaben
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see how this will turn into a heated discussion of semantics at the table and it's actually strange that they explicitly exclude the market phase, but not the betting.

Since both sides will probably have a valid argument ("your treasury is empty and the money is not in your hand at the time" vs. "the money is still mine until I actually lost it"), I would just roll a die to settle it and wait for the first round of FAQs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
GreatDebate wrote:
If all of my money is currently wagered and the fight in the arena has not occured, can the 'Destitute' scheme card be played on me?

First I thoughy "no", since you call it a scheme. But it is actually a reaction and not a scheme (big difference ) - so yes it can be played on you.
At least I would think so, since you could not pay gold to someone if you wanted too, and so you have no gold (maybe a bribe to another player for not using "Rigging the Match" on you ).

Anyway it must be the same answer for the cards about "no slaves" and "no gladiators", if you had just send in your last slave or gladiator to fight (if they are also reaction cards of course). If these three cards cannot be used at such times (where your assets or gold is tied up elsewhere), they'll have a rather limited use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.