Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, had my first demo game and there were some questions.

If you have build the shovel in one of the last turns and you use it in your actual turn to prevent a future event. Do you keep the shovel or have to build it again ?

Is it possible to try to increase the weapon strength by f.e. 4 by using 4 actions?

If you use the dog, is he working like another player? (needs food, takes damage if he you dont have a shelter? can he do actions alone?

If you build a for example a knive, do you increase te weapon level?
What happens if you have strength 1+1(knive) and an animal is forcing you do decrease the weapon level by 2? Do you still win the fight? What happens to the knive?

and finally. Am i right that you can use discovery tokens whenever you want?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Items, once built (turned over) generally stay that way. Until an event or adventure card says otherwise! So you can "use" the shovel repeatedly...

I am absolutely sure that you could increase the weapons level by 4 if you place 4 pawns there. I am, however, not so sure if you could increase it multiple times with just one pawn (I'd say no) - would have to look that one up.

The dog is just a neutral action pawn. He is no figure, and actually needs nothing. the downside is that he cannot do anything alone, and cannot be used for all actions (if I remember correctly, he cannot build).

If you build the knife, you increase the weapon level instantly. That is why it is mentioned on the card. Whenever a +Weaponlevel is mentioned, you do that.

You cannot have strength 1+1(knife), because the minute you build the knife, you increase your weapon level (I guess that is what you mean by strenght, as the characters have none themselves). So you would actually have a WL of 2. If the animal you fight does 2 damage, then nothing happens in this case. The decrease comes afterwards. And if your WL is decreased by 2, then it is zero from then on. The knife only gives you its bonus once!
If you, however, happen to have a WL of 1, and a card that gives you TEMPORARY WLs (let's say 1), then the attack of 2 would do nothing (would not give you a wound) if you use the card. However, if you then have to decrease the WL by two, you can only do so by 1, as the temporary WLs are not counted. Which in turn means you would gain 1 wound.

Yes, and no. It depends on the discovery tokens (see description). However, as always, discovery tokens are not immediately available when you get them - they only become available AFTER the action phase!

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Sofianopoulos
Greece
Agios Dimitrios
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hi,

When you build the shovel you keep it for the rest of the game, unless an event makes you turn some items back to their invention state. Think of it that you had the knowledge to make the shovel but lacked the materials and time. But once you got around to making it, you keep it and use it over and over again.

I don't understand the question.

The dog can only come as a help to another player's pawn (or Friday) and only for exploration and hunting. It can't help you build things or gather resources.

When you built the knife you automatically get a +1 weapon power for the following rounds. When you fight a beast, you always win, but the player leading the hunt, takes as many wounds as the difference between your weapon strength and the beasts's strength. Then you lower you weapon strength as indicated by the card.

You use discovery tokens whenever you want. But all the newly gained can't be used before resolving all actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

However, as always, discovery tokens are not immediately available when you get them - they only become available AFTER the action phase!

All great advice, but just one clarification on the above.

This is not always true. Sometimes discovery tokens go straight to the AVAILABLE RESOURCES spot (e.g. when using the Explorer's Scouting determination skill). When you get them through Exploring then they DO go to the FUTURE RESOURCES spot.

Thanks, Rick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
I am, however, not so sure if you could increase it multiple times with just one pawn (I'd say no) - would have to look that one up.

You can, why not?

(EDIT: for clarification since there was some confusion further down the thread - this is of course regarding taking an action twice with a single time, in other words placing two single pawns to take the same action twice)

However, I think I have never in my 23 plays built a weapon level - perhaps once in my first play

There are more efficient ways to improve your weapon level. (Such as the knife)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas -
Germany
Friedberg
flag msg tools
badge
Cylon hater
mbmbmbmbmb
great thank you for the clarfications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so can 1 pawn take muttiple actions in one round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
wordlyweko wrote:

Yes! But you must roll the dice each time...

EDIT: for each pawn you can take an action once - to do this multiple times you of course need to place multiple pawns, but they can all be single.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
wordlyweko wrote:

Seems strange to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
wordlyweko wrote:

I doubt that two. If you want to do build e.g. a roof more than once you have to put more of your pawns there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
spy007 wrote:
Mr Mjeh wrote:
wordlyweko wrote:

I doubt that two. If you want to do build e.g. a roof more than once you have to put more of your pawns there.

Yes, to do this a few times in one round, you have to place a pawn a few times. Perhaps I didn't understand the intention of the person asking the question.

Obviously you cannot place one pawn and try indefinitely until you succeed or to do that action multiple times.

What I understood as the question was that you can, instead of placing two pawns together to auto-succeed, place two individual pawns and do the same action twice (like building a roof).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Holzer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
spy007 wrote:
Mr Mjeh wrote:
wordlyweko wrote:

Yes, to do this a few times in one round, you have to place a pawn a few times. Perhaps I didn't understand the intention of the person asking the question.

Obviously you cannot place one pawn and try indefinitely until you succeed or to do that action multiple times.

What I understood as the question was that you can, instead of placing two pawns together to auto-succeed, place two individual pawns and do the same action twice (like building a roof).

Oh yeah!!!Everything is illuminatedcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.