Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book talks about "if the yellow dragon is revealed in a room."

Can you place characters on top of unrevealed rooms rather than on the starting line? Or only the dragon?

If you can place the dragon as such how do you handle the rest of the items? AFAIK you can only put out 2+3+3+2 items in total = 10 (hum, it's 6 per side? Do you remove some? People pick what items to use? Maybe I should check the basic rules again) Do one get to put out one less other item if one put put the golden dragon in an unrevealed room like such? Do one still get four characters on the starting line in that case or just three?

I also wish the characters got more icons for them to show special effects. Or that there was played guides for the expansions to. Guess I should have a color printer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you set up, you have four characters on the starting line, and four that are placed face-down with the items.

The number of face down tokens on the unrevealed rooms are as follows (S=Starting line):

S|2|3|3|2|S
S|2|3|3|2|S

So it's a total of 20 tokens. Four characters and six items each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Older Nick wrote:
When you set up, you have four characters on the starting line, and four that are placed face-down with the items.

The number of face down tokens on the unrevealed rooms are as follows (S=Starting line):

S|2|3|3|2|S
S|2|3|3|2|S

So it's a total of 20 tokens. Four characters and six items each.
Doh! I have totally missed that! So one always have eight units in a game? Not four? That's awesome. But make expansions even more important to get some variation (imho playing with four different units of eight in all combinations somehow give more variation than the same eight characters over and over.)

Kinda wish one had to choose but whatever.

Also make the massive amount of combat cards more understandable, though I still don't really see why one should play a lower valued card unless it's rather obvious you'll lose anyway.

May I ask just to make sure:
There's 2,3,4,5 valued action point cards.
0,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6 valued combat cards.
3 jump cards / player? Right?

I should read through a complete rule book and not jump around between them I suppose =P

(Haven't bought Prison yet so I'm reading original base set as PDF and Mercenaries on dead trees.)

Isn't it rather easy to pass over to the other side if you put your units close to the opponent? Maybe not since that person can bring out theirs but whatever.

Because one isn't only allowed to place item on the four room tiles closes to yourself right? You are allowed to place them anywhere you want as long as it's no more than 2x2, 2x3, 2x3, 2x2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the combat cards wrong. It's 0,1,2,2,3,3,4,5,6.

Rest is OK.

It is not so easy to run to the other side. The dungeon usually gives so many objects (walls, rubble, pit traps, ...) that there is almost never a clear path to the other side. And if there would be, your opponent will make sure there is somebody waiting... :-)

In the setup fase of the game, you are allowed to place the items on any tile you want. However, it is in the play fase that tiles are revealed. And it is the player who reveals the tile, who chooses the place of the item in the dungeon (unless it is an object of himself). So if you put your characters too far in the dungeon in the hope of fleeing out of it, you risk ending up with characters that are stuck between closed doors and walls, or that end up just besides a big character who fights them merciless.

P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, placing a character in a forward position is a big chance, since it's the player who reveals the room that gets to place the character in the room. Expect to be trapped with a Troll blocking your path laugh

Combat is mostly about bluffing. For instance, if I know I'll beat you in a particular combat by playing the +4 card, I'll play that card. If on the other hand I have previously noted that you always play your lowest card in that situation, I might take a chance and play the +2 in order to save my +4 for future events. But then again, maybe you've been bluffing all along, and decided that this was the time to take a chance with your +5 card, so maybe I should go +4 anyway... and so on devil

As for totally missing the rule about using all 8 characters, quite a few people missed that. That quite important rule is hidden in the middle of a largish section of text, instead of getting a paragraph of its own. Hopefully it's clearer in Prison...

And yes, read a complete rulebook. Also, read every example, even if you are certain you understand a rule, sometimes important rules are hidden in the examples...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
In the setup fase of the game, you are allowed to place the items on any tile you want. However, it is in the play fase that tiles are revealed. And it is the player who reveals the tile, who chooses the place of the item in the dungeon (unless it is an object of himself). So if you put your characters too far in the dungeon in the hope of fleeing out of it, you risk ending up with characters that are stuck between closed doors and walls, or that end up just besides a big character who fights them merciless.P
Objects in the base game rule book mean items and characters?

As in the person who reveals a room surely don't place out ALL characters within that room and then the opponents items and then the opponent place the revealers items?

It's revealer place opponent characters and items and opponent place revealers characters and items?

Though the glossary call the items objects so maybe it's only them?
http://www.dungeontwister.org/glossaire.php
Make revealing rooms much more interesting and have a better pay-off though maybe pretty crazy in where you put units if you put them up for a fight. Kinda become broken if it's that way and the characters happen to be within the same room (but that's voluntarily I suppose.)
I see you also wrote just beside, so maybe it's just beside by placement and not only just beside by say in front of the revealing unit.
That will make it more fun I think, more advantage of revealing. And possibly crazy bad , but just don't put units too far ahead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Older Nick wrote:
As for totally missing the rule about using all 8 characters, quite a few people missed that. That quite important rule is hidden in the middle of a largish section of text, instead of getting a paragraph of its own. Hopefully it's clearer in Prison...
Guess I would had catched that if I had thought about the 2+3+3+2 for BOTH "lanes" so to speak. As in 20 in total and 6+6 items + 4+4 units = 20. Because I know the rule book said all of them will be used up. Just thought weird.

Also in my first game I put my golden dragon three rooms ahead which I more or less immediately thought was stupid and had my dwarf back in the starting line (not so bad for blocking runners if I had done so...)

Spent half the game to try to get my golden dragon back just to have it damaged but picked it up and went to the fountain of youth with it plus I had some other character which I had moved back there after picking up a strength potion or whatever.

Sadly the other of that pair was at beside the other players starting line so he went out to the trap door activator and rather than restore my dragon there went three units of which one was a dragon for four VPs =P

The last VP was taken by using a 4 action card with the angel of death or whatever she's called, straight line out of the maze.

I got to kill one assassin though ;/ (it was rather close and I thought about going there with the dragon, rotating rooms (for defence and take it out of group combat) and kill it but I later figured out I could drop that one by using a trigger instead =P

Then that guy wanted to play Agricola so it was only one game but I may have new chances already tomorrow with another guy.
Older Nick wrote:
And yes, read a complete rulebook. Also, read every example, even if you are certain you understand a rule, sometimes important rules are hidden in the examples...
Yeah I've seen the jumping and group combat examples (and leaving shield in falling rocks.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
It's revealer place opponent characters and items and opponent place revealers characters and items?

Revealer places all characters and their opponent's items. Then the opponent places the revealer's items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing I'm not sure about is that the glossaries on the DT league page talk about pit traps and I do understand those aren't normal floor spaces. It also talk about pit trap triggers. But it doesn't tell whatever a non-triggered pit trap is considered a pit trap or normal floor space for placing characters and items. The same goes for the pit trap trigger which is considered a normal floor space FOR MOVEMENT AND LINE OF SIGHT according to the glossaries but what about for placement?

Like in for instance if the opponent can be placed on a non-triggered pit trap and your own character on the pit trap trigger. That may seem a little extreme but what about if the opponent is already standing on a non-triggered pit trap and you get to place your character and place it on the pit trap trigger?

Or maybe neither of those can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Another thing I'm not sure about is that the glossaries on the DT league page talk about pit traps and I do understand those aren't normal floor spaces. It also talk about pit trap triggers. But it doesn't tell whatever a non-triggered pit trap is considered a pit trap or normal floor space for placing characters and items. The same goes for the pit trap trigger which is considered a normal floor space FOR MOVEMENT AND LINE OF SIGHT according to the glossaries but what about for placement?

Like in for instance if the opponent can be placed on a non-triggered pit trap and your own character on the pit trap trigger. That may seem a little extreme but what about if the opponent is already standing on a non-triggered pit trap and you get to place your character and place it on the pit trap trigger?

Or maybe neither of those can be done.

IF it doesn't specify that you can place there, assume you can't.

Check the terrain tab of the Guide: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48807/dungeon-twister-refe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:

Error: Thread does not exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.