A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love hearing about board games spreading across the globe. It just means I have something in common with someone from another culture on the other side of the world which is great. This magazine from China also features cosplay centrefolds.

Tanto Cuore cosplay?

Quote:
China’s one of the few places in the world where print media is still being consumed by the masses. Part of the reason for that is the State running most (if not all) media. Because China still consumes print, I am able to show off one of China’s more interesting geek-chic publications, China’s Board Games magazine.

Starting in November 2010, Board Games has been bringing Chinese interested in board games and geek culture the latest news and happenings in the industry/community in China. Many attribute the rise of the publication to the popularity of Three Kingdoms Killer, a card game that grew to prominence in 2010.

Read and see more here at Kotaku: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/11/chinas-board-game-magazines...

And just as a sidenote, Three Kingdoms Killer(Legends of the Three Kingdoms) looks gorgeous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see girls dressed as maids all the time. Daily probably. Those and gothic lolita girls.

It's a pretty mainstream thing here. Most do it just for fun and because they want to (fair play to them). Some do it cos they work in maid cafes or advertise them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
I see girls dressed as maids all the time.

That sounds like a Japanese version of The Sixth Sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A happier version.

It gets less novel all the time though. "Oh yeah, there's a girl dressed as that lass from Final Fantasy, sitting and eating lunch with a maid and proper gothic goddess character."

It's funny how views of things change. Such a thing may get a second look but doesn't have me reaching for the camera or my phone or anything now.

How sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.