Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Can someone clarify this point? I read in the rules that 8 tokens are needed while in the PDFs (Illya77's) there are only 6.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How many Sardoukar tokens are needed?
I have found that six is usually more than sufficient. To bring them on the map, you have to pay the additional spice, so landing six of them would cost a total of 12 spice. This is more than the spice die (5 max) and House Corrino reserves (5 max) combined. But most importantly, the Sardaukar are rarely left on the map without being the target of poison, hunter-seeker, or crysknife!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My example above is unrealistic, actually. By our rules, House Corrino would only be able to land 4 new troops in a turn, and if all were Sardaukar, that would cost 8 spice - well within what he might have on-hand. However, as I said, the threat of Sardaukar troops rarely stay on the map long enough for me to need more than 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Pavera
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use 8 Sardukar tokens. Ok you can land max 5 (5 spice on die an 5 in house reserves). But in play od 3 players you can almost newer destroy all 5 Sardukar in one round, only if both players plays just really just against this payer with Sardukars. And when you dont play some advenced rules, player with Sardukars cannot even move this troopers from one location to another. So Sardukars is really strong but it is easy to play against player with Sardukar troopers.

So we usually use 8 Sardukar tokens (as is written in Ilyas riles) and i think this number is good. Just once happend that player had all 8 of his Sardukar on board game, but even with this ability he didnt win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.