Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Please take a look at this blog entry where I talk about a quest I'm on, and consider playing some ASL with me. This is a long-term project but I'm better organized than last time I tried doing this.

Live games preferred, I can play big chunks on the weekends, and around 6-10 on weeknights (EDT) (but not every night; I don't want to play ASL every single day), and can handle at most 4 PBEM games at a time (since not every opponent sends a file daily, obviously--I tend to only try to start another PBEM game when I'm playing someone slow).

Danke Danke Danke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you come down to Cary and go to the Gamer's Armory. You might try recruiting Voss. He's played every ASLSK scenario that's been published (many as both sides) and is working his way through all the core modules, etc.

Great guy, fantastic game store for ASL, and TONS of local players ready to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well i think i filled it in correct .! blimey.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
If you come down to Cary and go to the Gamer's Armory. You might try recruiting Voss. He's played every ASLSK scenario that's been published (many as both sides) and is working his way through all the core modules, etc.

Great guy, fantastic game store for ASL, and TONS of local players ready to play.

I've been thinking about coming down for a Monday ASL night, but it wouldn't be feasible for me to make that trek on a frequent basis. I'm pretty sure I briefly met Voss at the FB playtest thing last December. If he ever gets on VASL send him my way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
well i think i filled it in correct .! blimey.whistle

Cold Crocodiles, woot woot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindu wrote:
Hi,
Please take a look at this blog entry where I talk about a quest I'm on, and consider playing some ASL with me. This is a long-term project but I'm better organized than last time I tried doing this.

Live games preferred, I can play big chunks on the weekends, and around 6-10 on weeknights (EDT) (but not every night; I don't want to play ASL every single day), and can handle at most 4 PBEM games at a time (since not every opponent sends a file daily, obviously--I tend to only try to start another PBEM game when I'm playing someone slow).

Danke Danke Danke

I'm in. I Like to focus on more Vehicle LIGHT scenarios...

If I wanted to play with 80% armor...I'd play PanzerBlitz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Armstrong
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up for "Midnight Massacre." When you're ready for Night, I'm your guy.

S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I've signed up for a couple, going with my desire to get more plays in the early modules as well. Sadly, this tends to mean bigger scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tronia
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a seriously epic quest. cool Even if you play one existing scenario a week (and you don't add scenarios) it will take you 10 years. Wow.

Good luck!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Rindu wrote:
Hi,

Danke Danke Danke

I'm in. I Like to focus on more Vehicle LIGHT scenarios...

If I wanted to play with 80% armor...I'd play PanzerBlitz

Awesome! Go ahead and sign up for some scenarios...it's starting to look like I'll be going through the West Front first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll check your doc and sign up for some PBEM.

Maybe you can do a geeklist like the one I'm writing with the scenarios I've played:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/115763/my-asl-chronology-o...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a neat idea, Marti, but I'll probably stick to writing on my blog with occasional cross-postings here.

No love for the African theater...but hell, there are fewer than 30 scenarios from WoA all the way up to 2010. I can't wait to find out why it's so unpopular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I just didn't want to dive into a new opponent, and trying not to drop the ball on an email game (which I've done. shake ), and try to learn DTO at the same time. I definitely want to give it a try at some point though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindu wrote:
No love for the African theater...but hell, there are fewer than 30 scenarios from WoA all the way up to 2010. I can't wait to find out why it's so unpopular.

I still have not tried it and wanted to do it the first time with someone I knew before. Call me shy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My quest is in full swing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.