Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Section 2.1.3 says that in order to construct a power plant, expertise is required in that energy source "equal to or higher than the number of tech resources required to build it." I assume this means if, for instance, a biomass plant requires 4 tech resources to be built, then my marker on the biomass expertise track must at least be in the box that has a '4' in it, if not farther along. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, that's how i see it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Hi. Section 2.1.3 says that in order to construct a power plant, expertise is required in that energy source "equal to or higher than the number of tech resources required to build it." I assume this means if, for instance, a biomass plant requires 4 tech resources to be built, then my marker on the biomass expertise track must at least be in the box that has a '4' in it, if not farther along. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Ricky

Hi Ricky,
almost there, but instead of being in the space with the 4, you need to be in the 4th space.

The income is the value in the top of each space, and expertise is the number of spaces. If you notice you have 10 spaces to each track. that means that you can get 100% of expertise, but the income you receive is different to every field.

The crane symbol in each track is a reminder of the expertise you need, to build the lower tech power plant.

I hope this help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Vital! Helps very much.

Now all I need is Stronghold to receive its copies so I can get mine!

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Thanks, Vital! Helps very much.

Now all I need is Stronghold to receive its copies so I can get mine!

Best,
Ricky

If you were at BGG.CON this weekend....

We sold out by early Sunday.

CO2 ended up at #14 (I think) on the BGG.CON Geekbuzz.

Two copies of the game were played constantly in the hot games room for all 5 days of BGG.CON.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
That is good news, right Stephen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you were at BGG.CON this weekend....

Nope. Just a Stronghold pre-order customer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
That is good news, right Stephen?

That is VERY good news, Vital! The buzz was great all weekend long.

A game such as CO2, which is "big" (both in depth of play and length) can't be much higher on the Geekbuzz than that, as many less players will be able to experience the game, versus a 20-30 minute light game. So, being #14 is... extraordinarily good!

And selling out all the copies that were flown in from Germany is not too shabby either...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of those buyers, and now with a couple of plays under my belt, I'm very happy to have this in the collection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.