United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
The print and play says that it has 332 cards for the full 4 player game. Anyone know how many cards would need to be printed for just 2 player use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
GamePlayer wrote:
The print and play says that it has 332 cards for the full 4 player game. Anyone know how many cards would need to be printed for just 2 player use?

Well, it's a deckbuilding game, so pretty much all of them unless you want to deliberately not use certain characters or puzzle chips ever.

This is kind of like asking how many cards you'd need to print to play Dominion 2-player vs. 4-player -- technically you only need 10 stacks of kingdom cards, plus enough of the basic cards (victory, coins, and curses). And if you want to play four player, you'll need to print more of the basic cards. But then you'll never get to explore strategy with the other kingdom cards.

In Puzzle Strike, going from two players to four players means that you'll use two more characters, and more of the basic chips (crash/combine/gems/wounds). Not much else changes though between two and four.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, thanks, I thought the starting conditions might have significantly more gems out for 4 player or some such. Still too little difference to matter so I would need to print all. I might just buy the standard game, I'm unsure of the chips vs cards though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
GamePlayer wrote:
okay, thanks, I thought the starting conditions might have significantly more gems out for 4 player or some such. Still too little difference to matter so I would need to print all. I might just buy the standard game, I'm unsure of the chips vs cards though.

I'd prefer cards myself, but the chips are not that big of a deal, especially with the screens included in the current editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I greatly prefer chips as I don't like shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
I greatly prefer chips as I don't like shuffling.

Chips would be an advantage in teaching my kids...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.