Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished organizing my copy of the game this morning and wanted to share the results in case some others were wondering how everything fits.

As you can see everything fits nicely even with premium thick sleeves (Dek-Prot Large Size) on all 500 cards. The two decks stacked vertically are the Wound and Bystander decks so there's no need for dividers there. You can also see in the bottom right that there is plenty of room left over for additional cards. Depending on the size of future expansions, this box should hold at least a few of them. Aside from having the writing of a 10 year old, I think everything looks great (let's hope with future expansions we'll see pre-labeled dividers). Hats off to Upper Deck for making a proper storage solution to this game.

Oh and also...this game is amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt - Don't worry about your writing, as Egon said, "Print is dead."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Matt - Don't worry about your writing, as Egon said, "Print is dead."

I think that made my morning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that looks fantastic. I haven't put mine into sleeves or labelled the divider cards yet, but having seen yours, I'm thinking about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot more room if you don't put those ugly non-feeling protective sleeves on them.

Oh, and you get an A in penmanship when compared to this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You said you use Dek-Prot large sleeves.

Do you mean large as in larger than average card size, Like Dixit sleeves or just it was a large pack of sleeves, like 100 sleeves.

Or more simply what are the dimensions of card sleeves needed for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmcampbell wrote:

Do you mean large as in larger than average card size, Like Dixit sleeves or just it was a large pack of sleeves, like 100 sleeves.

Dek-Prot Large Sleeves are 63.5mm X 88mm. They're the same size as Mayday Green, and FFG Silver sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
jmcampbell wrote:

Dek-Prot Large Sleeves are 63.5mm X 88mm. They're the same size as Mayday Green, and FFG Silver sleeves.

Helpful to know. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Jarome
United States
Niles
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So this may be a dumb question, but what did you guys use to make your dividers? I can never figure that part out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game actually came with 60 dividers in the box. You can see them in the lower right of the storage tray.

With other games I usually just use thick card stock and cut them to fit with a paper cutter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box with sleeved cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're sharing pictures? I like pictures!

After nearly dying to the Legacy Virus (none of the starting X-Men have tech versions!) I added dots on each hero divider indicating what colors they are for ease of selecting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
love those dots lol
i'm stealing them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zericdawnseer wrote:
We're sharing pictures? I like pictures!

After nearly dying to the Legacy Virus (none of the starting X-Men have tech versions!) I added dots on each hero divider indicating what colors they are for ease of selecting.

Dots rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, great idea with the dots! I'll be stealing it as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They have dividers, but they're not labelled? They expect you to "make your own" (effectively)? Do they expect you to provide your own pen and ink?

I must be spoiled by AEG (Thunderstone/Nightfall), but the least they could do is be pre-printed with the names!

All kidding aside, if we ever get this on the right side of the Atlantic, I'm stealing the dots!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scautura wrote:
They have dividers, but they're not labelled? They expect you to "make your own" (effectively)? Do they expect you to provide your own pen and ink?

I must be spoiled by AEG (Thunderstone/Nightfall), but the least they could do is be pre-printed with the names!

All kidding aside, if we ever get this on the right side of the Atlantic, I'm stealing the dots!

According to my online store this won't be sold in Europe due to license constraints...?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scautura wrote:

Apparently the dividers were supposed to be labelled, but there was a technical snafu. A solution is supposed to be forthcoming according to UpperDeck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
According to my online store this won't be sold in Europe due to license constraints...?!?!

As far as I'm aware, it's not a licensing issue, it's just down to distribution - the Marvel RPG has been available in the UK, and that "had issues with licensing" (again, it wasn't down to licensing, it was down to distribution), and we also can get the Marvel Heroclix.

I might be entirely wrong, but I'm not aware of licensing issues. I'm just not happy it's not over here. By the time it is, it'll be out of the "hotness" phase, and people won't be bothered.

It's happened with the Star Trek Deck Building Game (as far as I'm concerned, at least) - no distributor on this side of the Atlantic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scautura wrote:
Mixo wrote:

As far as I'm aware, it's not a licensing issue, it's just down to distribution - the Marvel RPG has been available in the UK, and that "had issues with licensing" (again, it wasn't down to licensing, it was down to distribution), and we also can get the Marvel Heroclix.

I might be entirely wrong, but I'm not aware of licensing issues. I'm just not happy it's not over here. By the time it is, it'll be out of the "hotness" phase, and people won't be bothered.

It's happened with the Star Trek Deck Building Game (as far as I'm concerned, at least) - no distributor on this side of the Atlantic.

Hm, hopefully I will get the game here in Europe eventually, at the moment I am just frustrated...
Quite a few shops in Germany stock Star Trek the Deckbuilding game - costs about 35 Euros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.