Mansions of Madness» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Inproper use of ladder? Inner Sanctum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Venuti
United States
California
flag msg tools
In Scenario 2 (Inner Sanctum) I think I made a mistake as the keeper by allowing the investigators to use the ladder in the chapel right away? I didn't see any mention in the keeper rules that it couldn't be used, but since an investigator immediately climbed in the ladder they came out in the Chasm. I assume they came out BEHIND the lock and so couldn't go through the locked door but it opened up the way for cultists to quickly move from the Altar to the Chasm to the Chapel.
Was I supposed to not allow them to use the ladder until they found the password and could get into the Chasm on their own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Ladder tokens can't be used unless both ladder tokens are on the board. Thematically, the ladder in the Chapel is a trapdoor bolted shut from below; the investigators need to unbolt it from the other end in order to use it.

Attempting to use a ladder to enter a room can still be blocked by Lock cards, so even if the second ladder token were already on the board before Barred Entry were somehow discarded, the investigators still couldn't use the ladder to enter the Chasm without the Password.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.