United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
It's here. The apocalypse has arrived as foretold by the Mayan calendar. Hostess the maker of all things snack cake has gone. Which yummy snack will you miss the most?

Poll
What Hostess snack cake will you miss the most?
Twinkies
Cup Cakes
Ding Dongs
Zingers
Ho Hos
Snoballs
      57 answers
Poll created by mrbeankc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None, what is all the fuss about? Anyway Cup cakes are still available http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search?field-keywords=cupc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: Woody is a raw foodist. I can't imagine the horrible thing he ate in that scene in Zombieland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
None, what is all the fuss about? Anyway Cup cakes are still available http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/search?field-keywords=cupc...

Not this luscious beauty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Not this luscious beauty.

Nope just this lot http://www.bradfordsbakers.com/cupcakes-delivered.html?gclid... By the way were these made by Hostess http://www.marthastewart.com/315098/cream-filled-chocolate-c...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raspberry Zingers.

But what I'll actually miss the most is Beefsteak brand Rye-bread. It is one of the brands in the Hostess family and it is gone, just like the brand of bread I grew up with, Home Pride, which fell along with the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Raspberry Coconut Zingers for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Other: Foil-wrapped Ring Ding Jrs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

But what I'll actually miss the most is Beefsteak brand Rye-bread. It is one of the brands in the Hostess family and it is gone, just like the brand of bread I grew up with, Home Pride, which fell along with the rest.

There's a lot of Hostess family stuff now gone. Columbo Bread, Nature's Pride, Wonder Bread, Home Pride and Bread du Jour to name a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ding dongs - frozen, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

There's a lot of Hostess family stuff now gone. Columbo Bread, Nature's Pride, Wonder Bread, Home Pride and Bread du Jour to name a few.
http://www.homepride.co.uk/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

Yes Steven there is an unrelated company named Homepride in the UK but that is not the same company that is here. Nor is a homemade cupcake the same thing as a Hostess Cup Cake. I understand that Hostess is not a company that does business in the UK. Perhaps that explains your nonsensical links which at this point seem to be bordering on trolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

Yes Steven there is an unrelated company named Homepride in the UK but that is not the same company that is here. Nor is a homemade cupcake the same thing as a Hostess Cup Cake. I understand that Hostess is not a company that does business in the UK. Perhaps that explains your nonsensical links which at this point seem to be bordering on trolling.
Or commenting on the nonsensical claims about cup cakes no longer being available. Or assumptions that people may know what you are on about just because it's American. I was not aware that Homepride (as made by Hostess) was unrelated to the UK company (it is not unusual for companies to make another's product in another country).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Chocolate Twinkies! soblue Just saw them on TV yesturday... never even knew they existed, unfortunately. Now they're gone. zombie cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin...
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

Or commenting on the nonsensical claims about cup cakes no longer being available. Or assumptions that people may know what you are on about just because it's American. I was not aware that Homepride (as made by Hostess) was unrelated to the UK company (it is not unusual for companies to make another's product in another country).

Welcome to America!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
None for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twinfreak wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Mike Sisson wrote:
Raspberry Zingers.

Welcome to America!

Home of the brave and land of no cup cakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mb
Don't care. I won't miss transfatland.

Join me at my favourite snack-time land,
Voortman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
午餐先生
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a food truck around these parts that makes a homemade twinkie.

So... I can just get those... YUM.

I will miss the cup cakes though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every so often they had Strawberry-flavored Fruit Pies. Nobody else makes one.

I need to eat fewer processed sweets anyway and, if I eat sweets, more homemade ones. Since I live alone, I always make a bigger cake than I need when I bake one. Same with cream pies. (In both cases I cheat and use mixes). I need a cupcake pan or two if I'm going to do that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I don't care too much for their sweets, but I will miss the local Hostess Bakery Outlet store, where one could purchase decent loaves of (non-Wonder) bread for $2 a loaf. soblue

ETA: I forgot that there is one sweet I'll miss

But I think it's still more about the store, since as kids we would get these as treats when accompanying our mom to the bread store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Other: I've never eaten any of them and haven't even heard of most of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Crumb Cakes?

Fruit Pies?

Chocodiles?

Donettes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I know lots of thin people that eat these. Heretics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
FYI: Woody is a raw foodist. I can't imagine the horrible thing he ate in that scene in Zombieland.

The prop department mades some twinkies out of corn meal. Not sure what the filling was. Woody apparently had no problems with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.