Joel Mayeski
Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a list where you can list if you've had a bad experience lending a game. If you've had this unfortunate experience you can simply list the user's name and what happened that didn't turn out right. Hopefully they'll right the situation, but if not, this is here to make others aware.

A good format is to list the State and Region, followed by the user's name and the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A... game lender? By state or region? I don't understand.

Is there some kind of program that BGG has going on that encourages gamers to lend their games out to strangers, beyond simply to friends and family? Or are you simply suggesting a list here at the 'Geek of some kind that could be used to sort of publicly shame friends and family that haven't returned lent games?

I'm hesitant to offer an opinion since I'm so confused as to what I'd be offering an opinion on. blush Can you elaborate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a cruel saying around here, that goes more or less like there are two kind of stupid people: those who lend a book (game) and those who return it.

But I do feel that there is little joy like sharing with other people what you love. That's one of the thing of love: the need to get out and shout: I love this, I love that.

So a big thumbsup for those lending a book or a game and a big thumbsdown for those not returning them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there something in the BGG terms of service that prohibits specifically calling out a user in a negative manner?

(I seem to recall something like this mentioned before, perhaps that you are not allowed to even say that you have flagged someone's posts?)

Edit: I think I found it...
http://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Get yer finger off my head!!
mbmb
Yeah, no shaming because it will end up a huge flame war :shake:
I believe it should be lender beware, and the same goes with people who offer/accept trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
"My son, never lend out a game. You see these games here? They are all lent."
--Anatole France, subtly paraphrased
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.