Popular Tags: pokerchips-perpetualhotdeal [+] [View All]
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that prefer chips over paper money. Here is a set that you can take to game night without adding 30 lbs to the bag. Please note that the case has "slight imperfections" such as "small dents or scratches." With shipping it was a little over $18 for me.

http://www.discountpokershop.com/clearance-300pc-gram-suited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately only shipping to US and Canada, if anyone else was wondering. Nice find, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ca I picked up 2 sets ended up being $15 a set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are cool, but still weigh 7 grams each. The total weight for the set is around 5 lbs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
If they were numbered (had dollar values) I'd be all over this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
If they were numbered (had dollar values) I'd be all over this.

You could just use a Sharpie and give them whatever denominations works best for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd get a set but deal breaker for me is $9.30 shipping to FL bringing it to $20 for a 7g set when the 11.5g sets often go on sale for $20 w/free ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been debating it. Mini chip sets have few options in general and are easier to travel. The only other mini chip set I've found is the "Poker-to-Go" set on eBay and it costs $30+shipping. Neither have denomination marks which can be a blessing or a curse depending on the game. If I did more on the go gaming I would probably grab a set, but I think I've decided to save up and get the "Eclipse" set or something comparable. Does anyone have any experience with the Eclipse set of chips? How do they handle? Are they slick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawog wrote:
I've been debating it. Mini chip sets have few options in general and are easier to travel. The only other mini chip set I've found is the "Poker-to-Go" set on eBay and it costs $30+ shipping

Wow, "Poker-to-Go" sets go for $30 on eBay? I've got like 6 of them from a few years back when Ross was clearing them out. I may have to list them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawog wrote:
I've been debating it. Mini chip sets have few options in general and are easier to travel. The only other mini chip set I've found is the "Poker-to-Go" set on eBay and it costs $30+shipping. Neither have denomination marks which can be a blessing or a curse depending on the game. If I did more on the go gaming I would probably grab a set, but I think I've decided to save up and get the "Eclipse" set or something comparable. Does anyone have any experience with the Eclipse set of chips? How do they handle? Are they slick?

Interesting. I've been looking for the Eclipse set on sale for months. There are good prices, but then the shipping is usually crazy-high and kills the deal. Eclipse seems perfect, though the "Card Wars" Star-Wars style chips are pretty cool too.

Eclipse:

Card Wars:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the look of the "Z-Pro" chip set the best, but I've seen a couple review complaining about bad quality and the stickers coming up.

Edit: Adding Picture

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Eclipse:

I have these in $1, $5, $10, and $50 denominations (to match the Empire Builder Rail Games and Power Grid). They have good heft; actually, I have 60 of each and the acrylic case I use is so heavy I have to make sure I don't put it on top of game boxes. Recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:

I have these in $1, $5, $10, and $50 denominations

Are they slick? Do they stack well? Are they sturdy enough to fill a sock and bludgeon zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawog wrote:
I actually like the look of the "Z-Pro" chip set the best, but I've seen a couple review complaining about bad quality and the stickers coming up.

Edit: Adding Picture

Ymmv, but I've had mine for over a year...no sticker issues with my set.

Just used them for Rail Baron and was a great improvement over paper money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Glave
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Ymmv, but I've had mine for over a year...no sticker issues with my set.

Care to give a mini-review of them? I'm especially interested in texture, how well they stack, and durability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphawog wrote:
Are they slick? Do they stack well? Are they sturdy enough to fill a sock and bludgeon zombies?

No, Yes, Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh L
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:
Alphawog wrote:

No, Yes, Yes.

Did you say where you got them or post a link, I didnt notice it at all here. Sorry if I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Riley
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Th3Boss wrote:
Did you say where you got them or post a link, I didnt notice it at all here. Sorry if I missed it.

I think I got mine from Amazon. I bought them ala carte without the whole poker set and case. They were hand-packed and I was actually missing a few, which they replaced when I emailed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh L
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xenongames wrote:
Th3Boss wrote:

I think I got mine from Amazon. I bought them ala carte without the whole poker set and case. They were hand-packed and I was actually missing a few, which they replaced when I emailed them.

Found em

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_13291111_ln?rh=n%3A13...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad that someone else found this little poker set. At the end of August, when I started searching for a good poker chip set, I came across this mini set. I've been trying to get people to go in w/ me on an order to lower the price to roughly $15 a set after shipping. No luck so far.

I would love to hear from anyone who has purchased a set. The website was updated recently and added the ability to submit reviews. There is one decent review for the mini chips. Anyone who bought a set care to chime in on there quality, feel, sound, metallic glittery specs(from review)?

Also, the promo code for 5% off has been there every month since at least September. Sept5, Oct5, Nov5.

I'm leaning towards the minis cause they don't weigh a lot. Great for lugging to game night. Also, they may not have denominations printed on them(which I really, really, wanted), but they follow a standard color scheme I've found w/ most other sets:
grey = 1
red = 5
blue = 10/50
green = 25
black = 100
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone in my game group has a set of the Eclipse chips. They are nice and good weight. Bright and easy to read from across the table. They stack well and are not slick.

They bought them from here: http://www.pokerchipswholesale.com/bulk-poker-chips/eclipse-...

$2.50 for 25 loose. 10 cents a chip is one of the best prices I have found on Eclipse. There might be one other site that had them for $4.49 for 50 chips? It seems like paying shipping is a necessary evil w/ these heavy beasts. Where is this free shipping someone spoke of?

EDIT - These are the 2 cheapest sites I have found("discount" and "wholesale"). The site I was thinking of that had the $4.49 deal was actually $5.99 for 50 bulk chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The ruler in the pic shows the set’s about 12 inches wide

A quarter on the top of the black chips show the actual size of the chips

A quarter on the side view of the chips show the actual width of the chips

They’re smooth, no ridges,nice weight for the size, and no printed numbers, they seem to stack ok.
They feel like normal poker chips that you’d find in any regular size sets.
$15 bucks a set with shipping (I picked up two sets) and I’m happy with the overall quality, feel and looks.

I just wanted to show some pics for those wanting more information also ordered on the 17th and showed up today about 48 hours or so from the time I ordered until the time I received - Packaging was ok and absolutely no dents, dings, or marks of any kind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock!!!!! Thanks for posting those pics. Can you comment on the "glitter" that the one good reviewer refers to on the site?

Quote:
On a side note, for some reason the chips have really tiny glitter on them. Makes them look nice in the light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frog213 wrote:
You rock!!!!! Thanks for posting those pics. Can you comment on the "glitter" that the one good reviewer refers to on the site?

Quote:
On a side note, for some reason the chips have really tiny glitter on them. Makes them look nice in the light.

I thought I did see some type of glitter, under closer inspection it seem like it is some kind of dust during the manufacture of the chips - it seems to rub off - to be honest I don't think any type of glitter would make me want to buy any more of less. They're nice chips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Friday sale at http://www.discountpokershop.com

10% off order until midnight PST Sun Nov 25th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 4 sets of mini poker chips during the BF sale. I'm very satisfied w/ my set. The chips are deceivingly heavier than they appear. Stack well. Overall good purchase.

Got an email from discountpokershop.com for a 10% off code:

December 13, 2012

Final days of shopping for the holidays is coming soon. Enter coupon code gift10 during checkout for an additional 10% off your order. This coupon is good until this Sunday 12-16-12. Pass this coupon to your friends and family!

Also, found another poker site that has SOME stuff cheaper than the "BIG 2." (discount and wholesale)

www.pokergamingproducts.com

If you're interested in the Nile Club ceramic chips, they are slightly cheaper here at $.39 a chip, instead of $9.99 for 25pcs, at pokerchipswholesale.com:

http://www.pokergamingproducts.com/Nile-Club-10-Gram-Ceramic...

Unfortunately, the Eclipse chips are more expensive at $.12 a chip ($3 for 25pcs)

One of these days I'm gonna splurge and get some of the Nile chips. I like that they have printed denominations of atypical amounts like $2 and $3. Also, they are Knizia themed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.