California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Suppose I have

Herbalists, readied, wounded, level I

Altem Guardians, wounded, level IV

and in my hand, only

Restoration/Rebirth

I know if the Herbalists were unwounded, I could combine their (Heal 2) with Restoration (Heal 3) to heal the Altem Guardians. But can I spend one point of healing from Restoration to heal the Herbalists, and then activate them for a total of Heal 4, and heal the Guardians? Or must I be able to activate all such abilities at once in order to combine them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Restoration generates 3 Heal points. You can use those at any time during your turn, with the sole exception that you lose all Heal points you've accumulated when you enter a battle. So you can use some immediately when you play the card and save the rest for later, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is, you may do this. You may save healing points, and use them later in the same turn. So in the example you gave, Restoration provided you with 3 healing points. You use 1 to heal the level I Herbalists, so you have 2 healing points left. You activate the Herbalists (spending another green mana), giving you 4 healing points. Now you use the 4 healing points to heal your level IV unit. This is perfectly legal.

The exception is, if you enter combat, all your unused healing points disappear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
..and it's pretty much the same with all other actions in the game.

Ex.

Play cards for 5 move.
Move 2
Then explore neighboring tile for 4
1 move left over
Play another 2 Move
Move up to hills which usually cost 3.

Same in fighting.
Play Attack 5
Kill an enemy who requires 4
The 1 Attack can be added to the attack from a new card to take on another enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
..and it's pretty much the same with all other actions in the game.

Ex.

Play cards for 5 move.
Move 2
Then explore neighboring tile for 4
1 move left over
Play another 2 Move
Move up to hills which usually cost 3.

This is legal.

peterk1 wrote:
Same in fighting.
Play Attack 5
Kill an enemy who requires 4
The 1 Attack can be added to the attack from a new card to take on another enemy.

This is illegal!

You may group enemies together and attack them in one big attack during a phase. But you may NOT save attack left over from killing one enemy, and use it in a separate attack against another enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was badly phrased but still legal. I was trying to describe the grouping of enemies during the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
It was badly phrased but still legal. I was trying to describe the grouping of enemies during the attack.

Your meaning seemed clear to me. Perhaps you could give an example of what you meant?

Here is a possible example. Arythea has two move points left over, and explores Spawning Grounds. She draws a Minotaur and a Gargoyle as her two brown monsters. She plays Wings of Night to stop the monsters from attacking. She has no units available, and her last three cards are Concentration, Battle Versatility, and Rage. She also has a red crystal and a green crystal. Can she kill both monsters?

She could play advanced Concentration on Battle Versatility for Fire Attack 5, and advanced Rage for Attack 4. If she groups the two monsters together, they would share the physical resistance of the Gargoyle, so the 5 Fire Attack and 4 Physical Attack would be insufficient. Or, she could try to kill the two monsters separately. She could use the 5 Fire Attack to kill the Gargoyle, which has an armor of 4. Arythea would like to use the 1 attack point left over from killing the Gargoyle, and combine it with the Attack 4 from the Rage to kill the Minotaur, but this is not legal. In fact, there is no way for her to kill the two monsters with those three cards, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block effects are also grouped and do not transfer to another enemy.
You have to block each enemy individually. You can't join them in this phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.