Although the Rastur invasion has been put down and trade routes can now be re-established, there is one rogue Rastur cruiser that is still lurking in the Galactic Cluster. Whenever he appears in a system, combat occurs between the Rastur cruiser and the player(s) located in the same system.
1. At the start of each round, a random culture token from the classic game is drawn from a bag. (If playing the classic game, draw a culture token from the standard game)
2. If that culture has already been explored, an unused merchant ship representing the Rastur cruiser is placed on any space in that system (we like to use the red colored merchant ship to represent the Rastur cruiser). If that culture has not yet been explored, the culture token is returned to the bag and no combat occurs. Play continues as normal.
3. If there is a player located anywhere in the same system as the Rastur cruiser, combat occurs.
Exception: if the player is located on a surface city, spaceport, or asteroid, there is no combat.
a. the player rolls three dice and records the highest two numbers
b. another player rolls three dice for the Rastur cruiser, and records the highest two numbers
c. the highest total wins (if tied, roll again)
a. If the player wins, he gets 100 credits and one fame token
b. If the player loses, his ship is moved to the Galactic Base, where he pays 100 credits for ship repairs. If he cannot pay the full amount, he pays what he can and takes one infamy token
6. If there is more than one player in a system with a Rastur cruiser, each player must battle the Rastur cruiser.
7. At the end of combat, the Rastur cruiser is removed from the board and play continues as normal.