Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about to play my first game of Virgin Queen. I had a couple questions:

1) Why are some of the HRE spaces black (Vienna, Prague) while others are white with a black outline (Nuremberg, Frankfurt)? Is there any game significance to the difference?

2) On a similar note, why do Geneva and Zurich have a non-grey icon on them?

3) Why do some of the cards state that the "Card remains in deck each turn"? If you have to shuffle the discards in every turn, don't the cards always remain in the deck each turn as long as they're not explicitly removed from the game?

4) Can you retreat across ships? If a siege is broken at Malta because the Ottoman has lost too many units, do the remaining units all die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 & 2) The white square spaces are Protestant, the full gray and full black ones are Catholic. The only time this matters is next to France and the Low Countries, as religion conversions can be made next to German spaces of the appropriate religion.

3) In Here I Stand most of the must play events were removed from the deck after playing. So there is a reminder on cards that don't work that way.

4) You can't retreat across ships. Th units die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.