DC
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick Fury's "Pure Fury" (rare) card refers to the number of SHIELD Heroes in the KO pile. I noticed that the low power SHIELD cards actually have a "Hero" label on the top. But can I count all KO'd SHIELD cards, including these "Heroes" and special cards like Nick Fury?

The rulebook does not seem to make any distinction and does refer to all player cards as "Heroes", so I have been playing it that way. But I just thought I should check. It seems, logically and thematically, that all player cards, whether it's a superhero or SHIELD redshirt, would be considered a Hero.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good question. I played it that only the SHIELD cards with "hero" specifically listed were counted. The balance to this was that I never had a SHIELD Officer KO'd, just SHIELD starting cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Leslie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Superheroes, starting shield cards, and shield officers are all considered heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think Fury's power to count all dead SHIELD members is too good, as it's almost a given that about mid-game there should be a bunch of KO'd SHIELD guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, and S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers all count as Heroes. Among other places, page 18 of the rules says

"Basic Heroes include all the starting S.H.I.E.L.D. Heroes and S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers. They are Heroes in their own way, but they don't quite get the job done as well as high-flying super heroes."

Since Nick Fury's "Pure Fury" costs 8, it is awesomely powerful! surprise As the card says, it counts every Hero with a S.H.I.E.L.D. team icon, including Officers, Agents, Troopers, and the cards for Nick Fury himself.

-Devin Lowmeeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vandegrift
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Devin, I want to say that it is very helpful to have the game designer available to help clarify the rule questions like this. Very good job on the game, and I know it will get brought to the table often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jason, that is sincerely appreciated. I've always loved boardgamegeek. Let me know if any other rules questions come up! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is awesome to have direct answers to all our questions , thanks Devin. I brought Legendary to my local store to play last weekend and now 3 other people are ordering it. It's been a hit , keep up the good work and pump out some expansions. I want to play as Black Panther and Silver surfer :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Thanks Jason, that is sincerely appreciated. I've always loved boardgamegeek. Let me know if any other rules questions come up! zombie

I got a question...we killed one of the masterminds and it say +4 money...when is that spent...right then or next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
During your current turn. It is a Fight: effect just like any other villain. It resolves immediately after concluding the fight.

MB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is basically treated as if you had played a card with +4 Buy on it, meaning that it is available until the end of the turn (when any excess Attack and Buy is cleared away).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that is how we played it...thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Yup, S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, and S.H.I.E.L.D. Troopers all count as Heroes. Among other places, page 18 of the rules says

"Basic Heroes include all the starting S.H.I.E.L.D. Heroes and S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers. They are Heroes in their own way, but they don't quite get the job done as well as high-flying super heroes."

Since Nick Fury's "Pure Fury" costs 8, it is awesomely powerful! surprise As the card says, it counts every Hero with a S.H.I.E.L.D. team icon, including Officers, Agents, Troopers, and the cards for Nick Fury himself.

-Devin Lowmeeple
Designer, Legendary

The remaining question is: does each card count as a unique hero or does it count each differently-named card as a hero?

4x S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers and 1x S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
- 5 heroes under the "card-count" option
- 2 heroes under the "differently-named card" option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Felipe,

Any effect that refers to a number of Heroes counts the number of Hero cards, and not just differently-named cards. So in your example:

Quote:
4x S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers and 1x S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
- 5 heroes under the "card-count" option
- 2 heroes under the "differently-named card" option

, that stack is 5 heroes.

Thanks,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.