Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is afraid to play with the expansion because we haven't finished the series yet. I think we are on season 3. We were planning on playing a game soon, and I had the thought that we might be able to integrate some parts of exodus safely without any major spoilers. I was thinking possibly the characters and the new skill cards, but leave out the new crises and major variants. Thoughts?

PS: We just finished the episode with the boxing match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't use Dee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
My wife is afraid to play with the expansion because we haven't finished the series yet. I think we are on season 3. We were planning on playing a game soon, and I had the thought that we might be able to integrate some parts of exodus safely without any major spoilers. I was thinking possibly the characters and the new skill cards, but leave out the new crises and major variants. Thoughts?

PS: We just finished the episode with the boxing match.

Gameplay-wise, it's nicer to have the extra crisis cards, but this is for the sake of spoilers, so that does take precedence. Plus, Exodus includes no extra CAC (CYlon Attack Cards) for use without the CFB, so it would restore the ratio of CAC/"other bad cards" to non-CAC to 1:7 again, ergo, kill 2 raiders with 1 viper.

If nothing else, aren't you worried you might accidentally look at spoilers as you're separating them out? Or Look at such stuff as you set them aside (it dawned on me that your copy is new)?

oriecat wrote:
Don't use Dee.
I'll agree with that, although note that Dee is from the Pegasus exp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I realized that later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too worried about spoiling myself. I've already gone through the components to make sure everything was included. Curious what the spoiler was with Dee, but I won't pry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I'm not too worried about spoiling myself. I've already gone through the components to make sure everything was included. Curious what the spoiler was with Dee, but I won't pry.
Yeah, if you don't already know it, then chances are you don't know it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe don't use Gaeta either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solution is very simple; finish the series.

Your Wife is right. Finish the series then do the game. You'll be better off in the very long run by doing it that way. Trust me on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The things about spoilers in the card game is that you often have no context for any of it. So knowing that boxing match happens (there is a corresponding crisis) doesn't really reveal what actually happens in the episode. Same thing with Gaeta's and Dee's cards. They both hint at stuff that happens with the characters, but you don't really know why or how, so the spoilers are limited (though I can honestly advised not using Dee if you have Pegasus because even if I forgot the spoiler on her card, some might not).
Oh, and maybe don't use the Ionian Nebula destination. There is a part at the end of the Ionian Nebula that uses scenes from the season finale. I worry for the person that could use the cards to actually deduce what actually happens in the show, but someone might.
Conflicted loyalties and Relentless Pursuit (Cylon Fleet Board) should be safe to use, all the characters except maybe Gaeta are safe to use at this point, all the crises should be fine. Use your best judgement on Gaeta after reading his card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.