Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So... who do you think is the strongest gladiator in this game (talking simply about the arena fight)?
For my personal but very limited experience, the best one is Gannicus, followed by Spartacus, then by Crixus. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds about right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Usher
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my one game it was definitely Theocoles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Morneau
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oenomeus (4-3-4) is pretty strong with his ability to negate his opponent's special ability!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Syn Egg
msg tools
Without items the trio of 4 speed gladiators (Gannicus, Spartacus and Oenomaus) should theoretically be the best. Probability wise they should be able to have 2 rounds of attacks (8 dice) before a 3 speed opponent can even strike back (3 rounds versus a 2 speed gladiator e.g. Theokoles). Factoring in the abilities of Gannicus/Spartacus and the opponent should be significantly weakened by then, if not on the verge of defeat already.

If the trio are fighting each other then anything can happen and usually comes down to luck with who gets first strike.

With a net or a trident Theokoles suddenly becomes really strong and with both he is a total monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Hessler
msg tools
The best we have found is Gannicus. The attack dice winning ties, makes a huge difference. If he has a javelin he can do serious damage before even getting into hand to hand combat.

Theokoles has been a real problem to beat as well, but his slow nature is a burden unless armed with a javelin and trident to give him some ranged attack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Probability wise they should be able to have 2 rounds of attacks (8 dice) before a 3 speed opponent can even strike back (3 rounds versus a 2 speed gladiator e.g. Theokoles).

I just bought the game, read the rules, but couldn't play yet.

Tell me how is this even possible, because I don't understand how.

If you Move to strike Theokoles and then Attack, your turn ends after. Theokoles then Attack next and he can move after. How could you attack Theokoles 2 times, even 3 times before he can strike back like you say?

Either I'm missing something or you're playing the rules wrong.

Thanks for clarifying.

EDIT: Forget it. Figured it out by reading this other topic here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/881414/is-combat-broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.